New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gus2 ko rin ma Test Drive itong Alto na ito. Parang Gus2 ko rin bumili nung Deluxe tapos gawing 2 seater na lng and gawing pader yung likod for 2 Subs. Astig yun!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Micra. Norkis is now selling rebadged Nissan Micras, Legacy style... rebuilt. It's bigger than the Alto, but the warranty is pathetic.

RE: Blind spots. old school talaga ang Alto, slim pillars. The thin pillars mean the view is good, except where obscured by the big heads of your passengers...

RE: Subs. patay tayo diyan. Parang hina ang alternator ng Alto... engine swap pa yun!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Micra. Norkis is now selling rebadged Nissan Micras, Legacy style... rebuilt. It's bigger than the Alto, but the warranty is pathetic.

RE: Blind spots. old school talaga ang Alto, slim pillars. The thin pillars mean the view is good, except where obscured by the big heads of your passengers...

RE: Subs. patay tayo diyan. Parang hina ang alternator ng Alto... engine swap pa yun!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Dito sa China, "QQ" ang mostly gamit ng mga private Taxi sa mga suburb area, like here in Shanghai. Kapag pinayagan ng gov't na dalhin dito ang "QQ" and below 200K, siguradong marami ang kukuha.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Most of my officemates here in Bangalore drive an Alto. You're correct niky, leg rooms are a nightmare! I don't want so sit beside the driver coz my leg gets bumped on 1st or 2nd gear. Neither do I want to sit at the back, coz I have to spread my legs wide open to be comfy (I'm only 5'8"). There was one time that my foot got stuck when I stepped out from the back seat. Hell, it took me about a minute or two to slide it out. It was so embarassing! Sabi ko pa sa sarili ko, "buti na lang wlang ganitong kotse sa pinas...." Mali pala ako......

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the alto's gearshift lever is one of the crappiest-feeling I have ever laid my hand on.

Alto's cheap, yes, but it would have already looked dated in 1995, and the picanto is an infinitely better car worth saving up for (and with financing schemes, the cost difference will be spread out to dozens of months)
    Last edited by mbt; April 2nd, 2007 at 01:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    never thought i'd see a statement like "... saving up for a picanto"

what are the relative SRP's of these boxes anyway? i was under the impression that the 1.1L Getz is quite close in price to the picanto. wouldn't that be more save-worthy?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Help me please

i am hoping somebody would give me a bit of an enlightenment here... my wife and i are planning of getting an Alto... and we have given it a better consideration despite of friends and relatives giving it negative feedbacks...but the review Sir Niky has made gave us a better view of what to expect from it... but this paragraph is a bit of a confusion for me... i got it from Sir nikys' review...

......"Not so strange, considering it’s a licensed Indian copy of the Japanese Suzuki Alto, re-badged as a Suzuki for local sale. Uhh… yeah. At least Indian labor makes it cheap."

so the new alto is indian made... and they got a licence from Suzuki japan to copy the alto... so that means the company that made the new suzuki alto is no longer suzuki... am i right?? if so, is the "new' suzuki alto as dependable as the first Suzuki alto made by the Japs...??? please... anybody... help us out... maraming salamat...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes the Alto is in theory an Indian car. Its a Mauruti. Re-badged into a Suzuki since they have a partnership. Kinda like how the Spark, Optra, Aveo are rebadged into CHevrolet but they are really Daewoo but since GM bought out Daewoo then they just rebadged it here cause Daewoo has a bad name. But you shouldn't worry about it, if the Mauruti can handle Indian roads more so our roads...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The big question there is where they source their parts (i.e.: engine internals, electricals, etcetera)... if the suppliers for the mechanicals are good, then there should be nothing wrong with them. The suppliers for the interior panels and rubber, though, are obviously Indian, given the so-so quality of some of the plastics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Suzuki Alto Test Drive