New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Not to sound condescending but we shouldn't look down on the Maruti Suzuki brand.

Maruti Suzuki is the most valuable subsidiary of Suzuki. We should actually be looking if IT IS Made in India and not anywhere else.

And unlike the Daewoo-Chevrolet rebranded Spark, Optra and Aveo, the Suzuki Alto is really a Suzuki-developed car and not from any other company that Suzuki just bought out.

Maruti Suzuki is 54.2% owned by Suzuki of Japan. I don't think Suzuki will let it pass that a company that they own a majority of will have less quality standards and allow them to sell using their name.

It is made by Indians, following Japanese standards.

Think of it as something similar to how Apple has factories in China making iPods. It doesn't matter where it's made, you have the assurance of the Apple brand.

The Maruti Suzuki Alto should have little to no difference with anything they've released in Japan. Lest Suzuki would have stopped their production at an early stage. Maruti has already recently crossed the 1 million production figure for the Alto, and it still proudly carries the Suzuki brand.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm not panning the suppliers of the panels because they're Indian... just making an observation that the panels are obviously not Japanese market, since the plastic is truly cheap.

The panel fit of the Alto is very good, which indicates decent workmanship, but it's also obviously built to a price point... which means tinny body panels and very shiny plastics.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the josh View Post
    Nice review! Hope you can review the Outlander as well

OT: well, you can pay niki so that he can review one... hehehehe. i just don't know his talent fee...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Suzuki Alto Test Drive