New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post
    Been thinking about your budget of 800K....If I have that money to burn for a vehicle, then why not buy a brand new instead? The new Everest AT has a starting price of 1.399K, so make a big dp and for sure you will have a low monthly for the car, at least bnew na at bagong modelo talaga!
    Ok lang naman 2nd hand na car to get but worth 800K budget? Mag Bnew na lang kung ako yan!
    Depende pa rin yan sa tao. 800K and 1.4M doesn't seem like a big difference to you, but if you look at it closely, 800K is less than 60% of 1.4M. That 600K can be spent on another car which can be useful for coding days. Granted, we're comparing the old Everest vs the new Everest. But were it a different model, say the current Mazda CX5, that's big difference for what is essentially the same thing albeit used. For instance, there are 2013 4x2 CX5s in the 800 to 900K range while a brand new one costs 1.35 to 1.5M depending on 4x2 trim level.

For some, that 500 to 600K difference is a lot considering you're getting pretty much the same car. Spending a relatively small amount of 50K on the used car can make it look almost brand new again. If there is no mechanical damage, sobra sobra na ang 50K for full interior and exterior detailing with new seat covers, matting, underbody coating, etc, etc. Yung tira niyan gas mo na for a year. Sabihin na natin mas-mahal maintenance ng used na CX5 since mataas na mileage and gamit na si Yojin 3 (3 years free PMS ni Mazda Philippines), it will cost nowhere near as much as the money you saved over brand new. Rule of thumb though, don't buy a very old model or very high mileage used car since costly replacement parts such as the transmission are very likely and will eat up a big chunk of the money you saved.

Brand new usually just means peace of mind and bragging rights. Even then peace of mind isn't always guaranteed. We had a lemon car before, a 2004 Altis which had chassis welding problems. Took us 4 years and the intervention of Toyota Japan to get it replaced since wala pa lemon law nun.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    double post
    Last edited by Gecko Guy; October 16th, 2015 at 01:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *Kestana: yes depende nga talaga sa tao yan, kaya nga sabi ko "kung ako yan" Anyway, I said it in reference with the Ford Everest because it's a big difference /light and day if you will compare the old model vs. the new one so for 800k budget, I'll definitely go for the brand new.

With regards to the CX5 that you've mention....then it's really a very good choice to go get a 2nd hand unit because there's no difference (as you say) with the latest model and the old one yet. If this is the case, then I agree with you 100%! Go get a 2nd hand CX5.

I only gave my input because I read that the TS mentioned about the bnew Everest's engine...and 800K is really big money for me already to consider for getting a 2nd hand vehicle.

To TS: Mahirap talaga mamili kapag may pambili Goodluck on the hunt paps!
    Last edited by Gecko Guy; October 16th, 2015 at 01:44 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Magpo post din po ako ng tanong regarding sa options kung anong mabuti sa budget ko na 350k, sa isang thread pag pwede na akong mag post. Pinagpipilian ko kasi Rav4 or CRV, siguro between 2004 and 2007 na model.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Guy View Post

I only gave my input because I read that the TS mentioned about the bnew Everest's engine...and 800K is really big money for me already to consider for getting a 2nd hand vehicle.

To TS: Mahirap talaga mamili kapag may pambili Goodluck on the hunt paps!
    Haha, honestly Im fighting the urge to buy brand new. I just tell myself that since it will be used as a strike anywhere car, then pre-owned will suffice. Also just to update my vehicles to 2013 above so less chances of breakdown kaya Im parting with my old crv which is my current pang-harabas. This time, I plan to stick to my budget, baka magalit na si wifey, hehe.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Haha, honestly Im fighting the urge to buy brand new. I just tell myself that since it will be used as a strike anywhere car, then pre-owned will suffice. Also just to update my vehicles to 2013 above so less chances of breakdown kaya Im parting with my old crv which is my current pang-harabas. This time, I plan to stick to my budget, baka magalit na si wifey, hehe.
    that's a good idea. a brand new car means less hassle. pre-owned one actually will give you a headache (and a recurring one) sooner or later. with an 800k budget if you could eke out another 200k or even less, it could be a brand new high end mpvs or auvs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mas ok pa rin magsecondhand. More value for money. Kailangan lang marunong ka sa kotse and masipag maghanap and magparepair at first.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    that's a good idea. a brand new car means less hassle. pre-owned one actually will give you a headache (and a recurring one) sooner or later. with an 800k budget if you could eke out another 200k or even less, it could be a brand new high end mpvs or auvs.
    At current prices bro, top end MPVs cost about 1.2M

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mas ok pa rin magsecondhand. More value for money. Kailangan lang marunong ka sa kotse and masipag maghanap and magparepair at first.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    I agree, Im under the impression that a 2 year old car would mostly be hassle-free since its still under dealer warranty. By experience, cars usually start to have problems at 4-5 years old.

So my plan is to get a 2013 model with at most 30k on the odo or a 2011-12 with very low mileage.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    say the current Mazda CX5, that's big difference for what is essentially the same thing albeit used. For instance, there are 2013 4x2 CX5s in the 800 to 900K range while a brand new one costs 1.35 to 1.5M depending on 4x2 trim level.
    i'd stay away from the cx5. sa madaming beses ako nagpunta sa mazda casa para ipagawa o pa-service yung lemon bt50 ko halos lagi akong may nakakasabay na nagpapagawa ng cx5. mahina daw ang transmission laging sira. walang hatak, ayaw mag-shift, etc. sinasabi ko lang ang sinabi sa akin ng ilang owners na nakasabay ko ha. whether this is a common problem ay hindi ko alam. basta kung 3 lang na cx5 owners na nagkataon na andun sa casa para sa warranty claim ay meron ako nakausap at yun ang sinabi nila.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast