New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    540
    #31
    Hmm, so the new Sorento is still using the same 2.2 diesel engine. How about the new Everest, stilll using the previous gen engine?

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    922
    #32
    sa 800k budget. I get brand new innova at pwd ko rin pag isipan ang ertiga... kung sa 2nd hand fortuner or montero. if miron ok na mura then hindi issue ang cost ng maintenance.

  3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    540
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    sa 800k budget. I get brand new innova at pwd ko rin pag isipan ang ertiga... kung sa 2nd hand fortuner or montero. if miron ok na mura then hindi issue ang cost ng maintenance.
    Cheapest brand new Innova AT bro is currently 1M already. Plus, I dont like the current grill. I would prefer the looks of the older model parin.

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    125
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    Hmm, so the new Sorento is still using the same 2.2 diesel engine. How about the new Everest, stilll using the previous gen engine?
    There's a good reason why they're still using the same 2.2L Hyundai R engine on the Sorento and Santa Fe. Best in class performance and refinement. It produces 197 HP and 436 NM of torque out of a 2.2L displacement and it's far more civilized than any diesel you'd find on competing SUVs and pickups. I actually kept up with a V6 Mustang the other day on the Skyway with the Sorento. Di siya maka-takas kahit humarurot pa siya ilan beses.

    I blame the Japanese and American diesel engine makers, as well as Fiat for not having at least halfway decent diesel offerings (particularly in developing markets like the Philippines). Because of this, Hyundai and Kia can get away with using the R engine for many, many years just because no other diesel engine on similarly priced vehicles can touch it.

    As for the new Everest, it's using a completely new engine. The old Everest had a Mazda-designed Duratorq engine. The new Everest has the same engine options as on the current Ranger T6.

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    125
    #35
    --double post--
    Last edited by Kestana; October 15th, 2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Had another Tsikot tab open by accident.

  6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    466
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    There's a good reason why they're still using the same 2.2L Hyundai R engine on the Sorento and Santa Fe. Best in class performance and refinement. It produces 197 HP and 436 NM of torque out of a 2.2L displacement and it's far more civilized than any diesel you'd find on competing SUVs and pickups. I actually kept up with a V6 Mustang the other day on the Skyway with the Sorento. Di siya maka-takas kahit humarurot pa siya ilan beses.

    I blame the Japanese and American diesel engine makers, as well as Fiat for not having at least halfway decent diesel offerings (particularly in developing markets like the Philippines). Because of this, Hyundai and Kia can get away with using the R engine for many, many years just because no other diesel engine on similarly priced vehicles can touch it.

    As for the new Everest, it's using a completely new engine. The old Everest had a Mazda-designed Duratorq engine. The new Everest has the same engine options as on the current Ranger T6.
    I noticed the new sorento is much quieter than the previous. just the same, iba yung satisfaction that you get out of that engine whenever you floor it. gagastos ka lang sa diesel and tires kasi chirp agad

  7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    466
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    There's a good reason why they're still using the same 2.2L Hyundai R engine on the Sorento and Santa Fe. Best in class performance and refinement. It produces 197 HP and 436 NM of torque out of a 2.2L displacement and it's far more civilized than any diesel you'd find on competing SUVs and pickups. I actually kept up with a V6 Mustang the other day on the Skyway with the Sorento. Di siya maka-takas kahit humarurot pa siya ilan beses.

    I blame the Japanese and American diesel engine makers, as well as Fiat for not having at least halfway decent diesel offerings (particularly in developing markets like the Philippines). Because of this, Hyundai and Kia can get away with using the R engine for many, many years just because no other diesel engine on similarly priced vehicles can touch it.

    As for the new Everest, it's using a completely new engine. The old Everest had a Mazda-designed Duratorq engine. The new Everest has the same engine options as on the current Ranger T6.
    I noticed the new sorento is much quieter than the previous. just the same, iba yung satisfaction that you get out of that engine whenever you floor it. gagastos ka lang sa diesel and tires kasi chirp agad

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    820
    #38
    Been thinking about your budget of 800K....If I have that money to burn for a vehicle, then why not buy a brand new instead? The new Everest AT has a starting price of 1.399K, so make a big dp and for sure you will have a low monthly for the car, at least bnew na at bagong modelo talaga!
    Ok lang naman 2nd hand na car to get but worth 800K budget? Mag Bnew na lang kung ako yan!

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    820
    #39
    Been thinking about your budget of 800K....If I have that money to burn for a vehicle, then why not buy a brand new instead? The new Everest AT has a starting price of 1.399K, so make a big dp and for sure you will have a low monthly for the car, at least bnew na at bagong modelo talaga!
    Ok lang naman 2nd hand na car to get but worth 800K budget? Mag Bnew na lang kung ako yan!

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    125
    #40
    -double post-
    Last edited by Kestana; October 16th, 2015 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Tsikot bug again.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Suggestions for 800k budget