New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I need your opinion guys. Im planning to replace my '02 CRV. My budget is 800k and looking into the pre-owned market. Three cars have caught my attention- a 2013 kia carens, 2012-13 innova V and 2011-12 sorento.
    The car would primarily be a strike anywhere car that can carry me and the wifey plus 2 kids and 2 yayas. It would be used for the kids transportation, mall visits and occasional out of town trips. Sometimes it will be used also as a coding car for me and my wife. Of course it has to be fuel efficient and a little refined.
    Im also open to other suggestions. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Suzuki ertiga sir. Fuel efficient & spacious.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    innova..... you can get a newer one at that budget.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ agree above. If i may add, i'll cross out innova V kung mas mahal sya sa G. Unnecessary add ons ng V.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Suzuki ertiga sir. Fuel efficient & spacious.
    Is the ertiga really spacious? Hmm, have to check the dealerships. I initially crossed out brand new compact MPVs as I found them too small.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^ agree above. If i may add, i'll cross out innova V kung mas mahal sya sa G. Unnecessary add ons ng V.
    Checked out the listings, halos wala na difference in price sa V and G in the pre-owned market. Also, mas gusto ko pala yung looks nung older innova kesa dun sa latest na may malaking grill kaya na-cross out ko rin brand new innova.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    2014 or early 2015 Ford Everest pasok yang budget mo

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    I need your opinion guys. Im planning to replace my '02 CRV. My budget is 800k and looking into the pre-owned market. Three cars have caught my attention- a 2013 kia carens, 2012-13 innova V and 2011-12 sorento.
    The car would primarily be a strike anywhere car that can carry me and the wifey plus 2 kids and 2 yayas. It would be used for the kids transportation, mall visits and occasional out of town trips. Sometimes it will be used also as a coding car for me and my wife. Of course it has to be fuel efficient and a little refined.
    Im also open to other suggestions. TIA.
    The Innova V will also limit your use of the rear luggage area since the middle row captains chairs will only seat two. Pag may yaya kayo kasama, automatic gagamitin na yung rear seats.

My vote goes to the Sorento if you can find one with the 3rd row seats. Good power, efficiency and the crash ratings are better than the Innova definitely.

An MS, Everest, and Fortuner also fits into the 800K range AFAIK. Pero the Sorento and Innova will be less takaw-nakaw if you want something that is low key.

At the end, go look at all those choices and go with the one in the best condition and being sold by a first owner.

EDIT: Pero mas bagay sa yo yung VW Touran kung MPV. Dagdagan mo ng P1M yung budget mo. hehehe. We were loaned a test unit for one weekend a few weeks ago and although it is pricey for an MPV, it's solid and a good family hauler that doesn't catch too much attention.
    Last edited by vinj; October 13th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I agree with vinj, those suv are good choice.. but you can think of adventure or other auv also, in your budget definitely can get brand new.. cheers

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    +1 ako vote ko innova

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast