New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bjreyesmd View Post
    It seems I can get 2013-2014 models of the Everest at my set budget. This is quite tempting although Im a bit apprehensive about its drivability since I understand it has a longer turning radius since it has a longer wheelbase? Also, how about ride comfort, in comparison lets say to the Innova, MS or Fort? Thanks for the inputs guys, very much appreciated.
    check carmudi ph.

kung comfort Innova -> MS -> Everest -> Fort. mas komportable ang Eve kesa Fort. Sa Eve ang may pinakamagandang leg room.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Owned an MS 4 years ago but sold it during the height of the MS/Fort carnapping then. So those two are out. The Ford Everest however, I am considering.

How about the Kia Carens/Carnival? It seems no one is suggesting them. Im trying to keep a shortlist of 3 cars to check out before deciding. Looking at all possible options, baka kasi pag nakabili na tapos may nakita ako na hindi na-consider na ok pala, manghinayang ako, hehe.
    Last edited by bjreyesmd; October 14th, 2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Add info

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Carens/Carnival - low ground clearance was the minus factor for us. Sabi nga ni wifey, 2 nga sasakyan natin di naman tayo makaalis kapag umuulan dahil takot sa baha(oo nga naman)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I used a carnival for 7 years. Kids loved it but I had too many issues with brakes, power doors, power tailgate, aircon and eventually airbags and steering. So I sold it. The new one is much much better I hear.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorento tipid sa diesel but this depends a lot on your right foot. Masarap kasi i-drive at lakas ng engine kaya napapalakas ng apak sa accelerator. Nasa 8+ km/l city traffic but goes down to 6-6.5 km/l pag mabigat paa mo. Hiway, at 110 kph mileage doubles to 15+ km/l.

Mahirap maghanap ng 7 seater sa budget mo kasi higher speced EX models lang ang 7 seater. Most 2011-2012 models sold were the LX 5 seater.

Dami daw repo na pre-2015 na everest, why not try the banks. Mura na not because may issue but because labas na ang all-new everest so drop ang resale ng old model.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Based on your suggestions and cross-checking with olx/carmudi, so far 3 are making my shortlist- 2012-13 Innova V, 2013-14 ford everest 4x2 and 2011-12 Sorento EX.

If there are any other suggestions, it will be very much appreciated

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sorento tipid sa diesel but this depends a lot on your right foot. Masarap kasi i-drive at lakas ng engine kaya napapalakas ng apak sa accelerator. Nasa 8+ km/l city traffic but goes down to 6-6.5 km/l pag mabigat paa mo. Hiway, at 110 kph mileage doubles to 15+ km/l.
    The previous gen Sorento's already been phased out. Just visited Kia Sucat earlier for service. Wala na sa price list si old Sorento. They only have the all-new TOTL Sorento na P2.3M. Quite overpriced imo. Sulit pa rin si old Sorento since you're pretty much paying for the excellent 2.2 diesel engine which is also being used in the new model. Best in class performance by a mile, especially if you consider how much lighter the Sorento is compared to SUVs like the Fortuner and Trailblazer.

Si Carens medyo masikip 3rd row and low ground clearance, but its comfort and refinement level is noticeably better than competing MPVs like the Innova. Pwede na rin yung comfort level ni Innova if hindi naman super arte yung mga sasakay since spacious siya. Maganda rin si Ertiga if you want something more refined than an Innova, but the mechanism to access the 3rd row sucks (hindi siya tumble action, you have to push the 2nd row seats forward) and the cargo room with the 3rd row seats up is very small. The Ertiga seats 7 people comfortably although kung medyo XL-size mga passenger mo an Innova would be much better due to the sheer space.

Have you also taken a look at the new Mobilio? Quite spacious and both the 2nd and 3rd row seats have a reclining function which should make long drives bearable. Ayun nga lang the line is reportedly very long and the 3% dealer's incentive adds to the price pa. The Innova, Mobilio and Ertiga all have decent ground clearance, but a diesel Innova is still best for wading floods.

Comment lang pala if you're looking at 2011 to 2012 Sorento EX models. Don't get the ones with the 2.4 petrol engine. It's the 2.2 diesel or bust.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    --double post--

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ahh, 2nd hand hinahanap nya with a budget of 800k. so new vehicles are not for his consideration.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the new sorento may have the same engine but there is a speed limitter installed. i remember sorento club members with the newer 2013 and up models reporting a top speed of only 190 kph and with the speed limitter kicking in and ramping down the power at 190 kph. the older 2012 and below sorento, specifically the 4x2 model, goes up to at least 211 kph.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast