New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

taz, this is how a Sentra GTS looks like. i found it in tsikot's ads although this one's an A/T. asking price is 250k but its 1998 model.

looks good, right?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    btw, have i mentioned it has a 15 inch wheels and a 195/55-R15 tires?

if you plan to keep it for at least 5 more years you can't go wrong with a Civic or a Corolla. It will be money well spent

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    guys, wut abt lancer gsr? pls giv comment.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sentra GTS... double check the MAF and aircon compressor (they're expensive to replace) if you're looking at secondhand ones. Steering isn't the best, but the bodykit and wheels are quite nice.

Lancer GSR... nice kit... very nice seats and comfortable interior (even if it's a little small in the back, it's not much smaller than a four door inside), handling okay... but later models only had AT.... check the idle actuation control valve and the aircon blowers if you're looking at them... Probably the easiest and most popular 2ndhand 1.6 to "pa-porma".

With the Lynx, if you're looking at MT, they're great... check whether the previous owner has already changed the Cam Position Sensor and Coil Pack.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Civic / corolla din ako! kung 4X4 suzuki vitara

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq
    if you plan to keep it for at least 5 more years you can't go wrong with a Civic or a Corolla. It will be money well spent

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=basti08]

taz, this is how a Sentra GTS looks like. i found it in tsikot's ads although this one's an A/T. asking price is 250k but its 1998 model.

looks good, right?[/QUOT

agree with u....i think this one is good at maporma din sya...plus its a limited edition sentra GTS....they also have 1999 ver.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I used to have these 3 (Corolla, Lynx, and Civic) also on my list with just a little over your budget not so long ago when I was looking for a second-hand car... and ended up with a Civic VTi manual. Why?

My wife didn't like just how the lovelife corolla looked even how I convinced her that the amenities inside and features are superior to Civic... but again looks are subjective.

I next looked for a Lynx coz it has the best package in my opinion - features, safety, and handling. Time passed by and we still could not find one that we could... you know take a peek at and buy, just really hard to look for.

We then stumbled to a semi-styled souped up civic, drove it, and boom! Civic it is.

It was a new experience driving a Jap car as I almost always use Pontiac or Ford cars back in the US, but just like the reviews here in tsikot, I now grew a liking for Honda.

Bottom-line, test-drive the three I mentioned here... bring a trusted mechanic with you if you are not comfortable examining cars well (i know i am not!)... and decide for the one that you feel good about, for lack of a better term.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
suggestion on choosing my 1st vehicle plz~!