New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'd believe that Subbies are very sturdy vehicles. I've yet to hear of ownership horror stories and remember, these are cars built with a rallying mindset (hence their all wheel drive models). Subbies are also Japan manufactured vehicles with Japanese parts so i'd still believe them to be very sturdy. Given you keep your cars for maybe 3-5 years then it should not really be much of a headache to own if the PMS is within your budget range. Try asking Subbie owners on where to source parts; chances are there are third party suppliers too in case it needs any given these cars still sell quite briskly to the middle and upper market segments.
    subarus are known to be one of the most reliable and safest cars available in the market, yes even more reliable than mitsubishi. and yes parts can be sourced outside of casa just join the subaru guys and it'll make sourcing parts much much easier. not sure about xv parts though since it's pretty new but i've seen tons of forester and impreza parts. anyway great thing about subarus are most of their parts can be used to all subarus.

btw i'm a big fan of subarus but i wouldn't recommend the new forester and xv or any car that has cvt if you plan to keep it a while. it's new in our market but in other countries it's been out for a while and it's true that the cvt gives great FC but a lot of people have experienced tons of issues with the transmission after a while and most of the time it happens after your warranty expires so you have to pay for it to get fixed. that's why cvt's are called ticking time bombs on other car forums.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I agree with the durability of subaru. These cars are built to last for a long time. May surplus na rin ngayon for those who own 1st gen forester. Makes it easier to maintain.

For the topic, ill take the subaru xv any day over the montero. But if resale is on your mind, montero it is.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post

btw i'm a big fan of subarus but i wouldn't recommend the new forester and xv or any car that has cvt if you plan to keep it a while. it's new in our market but in other countries it's been out for a while and it's true that the cvt gives great FC but a lot of people have experienced tons of issues with the transmission after a while and most of the time it happens after your warranty expires so you have to pay for it to get fixed. that's why cvt's are called ticking time bombs on other car forums.
    Is that for CVT in general or CVT just for Subaru? I think Honda had cvt equipped Jazz and City. The Lancer as well I think..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    cvt's in general.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Useful info. What's the worst recorded fc?what route? My daily route is less than 10kms through boni.
    Q.Ave- España-Roxas Blvd. Gapang trafik usually. Arnd 18-20km one way

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Go for what you want bro.. at the end ikaw nagbabayad kaya dapat happy ka on what you are getting... i drive a montero glx at.. cheap sya sa lahat ng bagay na alam ko ah... atleast to everything I consider mura pa rin sya...

Basta ikaw magbabayad go for what your heart at wallet can get you... hehehe

sent from my shellpawn...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Malaking hassle sa utak, puso at oras ang maging target ng mga asbu(waya)....

However, MS provides bigger cabin space, [more passenger option, more loading flexibility] and higher drive/ride height....

21.5K:toothbr1:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I have the exact same dilemma. Cars in my initial shortlist were XV, Montero, Sorento, and Ranger. Then I did some research and ended up with XV and Montero. My brain tells me to get the Montero because of its size, fc, maintenance cost. My heart tells me to get the XV because its uncommon looks and better driving experience.

Made my decision today and booked a desert khaki XV.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by deltastreet View Post
    I have the exact same dilemma. Cars in my initial shortlist were XV, Montero, Sorento, and Ranger. Then I did some research and ended up with XV and Montero. My brain tells me to get the Montero because of its size, fc, maintenance cost. My heart tells me to get the XV because its uncommon looks and better driving experience. Made my decision today and booked a desert khaki XV.
    I will test drive the montero this weekend and see if it will win my heart.
    Thanks for the feedback!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    so who won?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast