New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually if the office car plan would allow it, i would get an XV in a heartbeat. When i checked it out, it's perfect for my daily and weekend needs actually (including the regular weekend drive to Pampanga to visit the outlaws). It may not be as practical in terms of parts sourcing as a Toyota or Mitsu but there are 3rd party shops who can work on Subbies well enough as well.

Our office MS GLS also smokes at idle (there's a light wiff at times)... less than 5K old on the odo.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xagent_orangex View Post
    yeah but not here in Saudi Arabia. even trucks here doesn't "blow" that ugly smoke even uphill, kasing linis yata ng unleaded ng pinas ang diesel dito. tapos ang mahal ng presyo sa atin.

OT:

Middle East grade fuels are very clean and pure, they have first dibs on the finest fuels that they can get. Geez, almost all crude oil comes from them. Meanwhile here in Juan dela Cruz country, we would have to contend with what is available at the pumps. Take generic diesel or petrol, re-brand it with some fancy, technical name, put a little color, add a pretty/***y face, and you have droves of motorists lining to buy the sh!t.

:D
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; October 30th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Actually if the office car plan would allow it, i would get an XV in a heartbeat. When i checked it out, it's perfect for my daily and weekend needs actually (including the regular weekend drive to Pampanga to visit the outlaws). It may not be as practical in terms of parts sourcing as a Toyota or Mitsu but there are 3rd party shops who can work on Subbies well enough as well. Our office MS GLS also smokes at idle (there's a light wiff at times)... less than 5K old on the odo.
    I'm actually assuming that in the first five years of ownership, most of my spend would be on PMS only. I had a very good experience with my 08 lancer and to date aside from the regular PMS, I've only replaced the battery wiper and timing belt. Very reliable.
    Now it would be my first time to own a Subaru and I'm concerned that later on I will be shocked with the cost of parts. Given the limited users, you think replacement parts for Subaru is something hard to come by? I bet the parts at casa would be expensive. Subaru only carries 3 yr warranty or 60000kms.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by senoritoblx View Post
    Madali ako mahilo sa Monty. Sa XV hinde, close to sedan level comfort ang ride. Light on its feet. I get 7km/li rush hour traffic. Dali i maneuver and park. 8+ inches ground clearance for damn floods, road imperfections, and odd-angle ramps. Mas pogi pati kaysa monty Less space ng xv kaysa monty. If you need space and carrying capacity better Monty. If solo ka most of the time urban driving better xv. My $.02
    Useful info. What's the worst recorded fc?what route? My daily route is less than 10kms through boni.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    I'm actually assuming that in the first five years of ownership, most of my spend would be on PMS only. I had a very good experience with my 08 lancer and to date aside from the regular PMS, I've only replaced the battery wiper and timing belt. Very reliable.
    Now it would be my first time to own a Subaru and I'm concerned that later on I will be shocked with the cost of parts. Given the limited users, you think replacement parts for Subaru is something hard to come by? I bet the parts at casa would be expensive. Subaru only carries 3 yr warranty or 60000kms.
    I'd believe that Subbies are very sturdy vehicles. I've yet to hear of ownership horror stories and remember, these are cars built with a rallying mindset (hence their all wheel drive models). Subbies are also Japan manufactured vehicles with Japanese parts so i'd still believe them to be very sturdy. Given you keep your cars for maybe 3-5 years then it should not really be much of a headache to own if the PMS is within your budget range. Try asking Subbie owners on where to source parts; chances are there are third party suppliers too in case it needs any given these cars still sell quite briskly to the middle and upper market segments.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post

Apologies, I'm not skinning diesel owners here as I'm waiting for an all new Fortuner myself.
    May news ba kung magkakaroon na ng new fortuner? I am planning din kasi bumili new suv next year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 20santafe14 View Post
    May news ba kung magkakaroon na ng new fortuner? I am planning din kasi bumili new suv next year

Last i heard, around 2015.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Antagal pa pala!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'd believe that Subbies are very sturdy vehicles. I've yet to hear of ownership horror stories and remember, these are cars built with a rallying mindset (hence their all wheel drive models). Subbies are also Japan manufactured vehicles with Japanese parts so i'd still believe them to be very sturdy. Given you keep your cars for maybe 3-5 years then it should not really be much of a headache to own if the PMS is within your budget range. Try asking Subbie owners on where to source parts; chances are there are third party suppliers too in case it needs any given these cars still sell quite briskly to the middle and upper market segments.
    Thanks. Posted in the Subaru section. There is this autofocus event in MOA next weekend so it's a great opportunity to do another round of test driving. I've tested the XV twice. 0 for Montero. Ironically, I see so many Montero on the streets but the Mitsubishi casas all around Metro are not offering test drives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I don't think there are sources of Subaru parts outside of the dealers for now. The shops that cater to Subarus are for upgrades and modifications, they don't really sell common parts.

This is also a thing with Mitsubishi and other car brands that do not have test drive vehicles. The dealers are asked to pay / buy the test drive vehicles if they want one.
    Last edited by Walter; November 3rd, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast