New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    I briefly considered the CX-5 Pro, too. I think the price can be lowered to 1.3xx if you pay cash.

For its purported size, the interior seems really cramped compared to its rivals. Another sticking point for me is the battery. I read it costs around 13k and it's not readily available in our suking battery stores.
    The hr-v would be an excellent choice. Its just that the price is abit higher than expected. It beats the subi with its higher resale value (who wants to buy a subi in the 2nd hand market anyway?) . As for cabin interior, it's subjective. Some latino families are below 5ft. Heheheh.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Anyway, for what it's worth, the max discount they're offering is 10k for cash payment for the E.

I somehow have a hard time believing the SA when he told me the waiting line is long..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyway, for what it's worth, the max discount they're offering is 10k for cash payment for the E.

I somehow have a hard time believing the SA when he told me the waiting line is long..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013

ilang months daw ang waiting time kung ganon? haha

ilang months daw ang waiting time kung ganon? haha

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Test drove the HRV earlier today. Forget the subcompact exterior dimensions and one might actually be able to justify Honda's slightly absurd price structure.

Compared to our XV, interior space seems to be slightly better, specially the cargo area. Fit and finish and interior materials are surprisingly good. Compared to the Ecosport, which is supposedly its real rival, it's not even close. Also got to sit in the rear seat and I'm sure only people over 6 ft. Tall would find it wanting (I'm 5'10 by the way).

I was only able to drive it briefly because the test drive unit literally just arrived at our local dealership when we went there, but my initial impressions are quite good. No irritating 'drone' sound when you step on the gas like the XV, and the power seems adequate enough for city driving. The electric parking brake with auto brake hold does take some time getting used to though..

Specially for people like my wife who hate driving big sedans and SUVs, its compact exterior size yet large (for its class, at least) and versatile interior is one of its strongest suits.

Had they fit the EL with different and better looking wheels and/or equipped it with AWD, I would have gotten it without second thoughts, but as it is, the mid-spec E variant for 1.230 is for me one of the best options out there in its price bracket.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    110T more for the EL will get you 4 more airbags, leather seats, LED headlights (which aren't that bright according to reviews abroad) and tail lights, reverse sensors and colored exterior lower garnish.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The problem is, at 1.340, it opens its doors to a whole new set of rivals like the Forester, Rav4 and X-Trail to name a few, not to mention the price is just a stone's throw away from the bigger diesel-fed Asian SUVs.

7. Join Date
    May 2015
    HRV EL * 1,340,000, konti na lang CRV 2.0 V AT na, Then konting strech pa ng budget pwde ka ng pumili ng Diesel fed Asian SUV's which for sure that will give you more mileage..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by norelco View Post
    HRV EL * 1,340,000, konti na lang CRV 2.0 V AT na, Then konting strech pa ng budget pwde ka ng pumili ng Diesel fed Asian SUV's which for sure that will give you more mileage..
    That's why, as much as I like The HRV, I couldn't personally justify getting the EL.

9. Join Date
    May 2015
    Same here Sir, hindi maka pag decide.. My choices are HRV EL, Mazda CX5, CRV 2.0 S AT, Mitsubishi ASX & Toyota Fortuner.. Previous ride Gen 1 CRV..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Those options don't have 6 airbags or leather seats.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast