New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    As a daily driver and the odd off-road trip (once every few months), which one would you choose and why?
    If you are single and it is your first car, go for the XV. Otherwise, everest in my opinion.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by the_arrow View Post
    If you are single and it is your first car, go for the XV. Otherwise, everest in my opinion.
    Im single and I still prefer the Everest. diesel power and cost. hehehe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    ride comfort and stability...ample space and power

cons: space

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    cons uli, headroom is not good,

everest

pros: cheap power, space, specs better than comparable priced ppvs

cons: spoiled from driving a nimble cuv/suv, driving a everest feels like driving a tank, the hood is too big for my taste..if you like riding big...this one is for you

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Im single and I still prefer the Everest. diesel power and cost. hehehe

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    nice one sir StockEngine! and you have a point hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    cons uli, headroom is not good,

everest

pros: cheap power, space, specs better than comparable priced ppvs

cons: spoiled from driving a nimble cuv/suv, driving a everest feels like driving a tank, the hood is too big for my taste..if you like riding big...this one is for you

Ganun ba kalaki difference ng pagdrive ng Fozzie sa Eve, Mr Big? Nasubukan ko magdrive ng bagong fort, ok lang naman. Kelangan ko siguro ng test drive ng eve heheh.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Ganun ba kalaki difference ng pagdrive ng Fozzie sa Eve, Mr Big? Nasubukan ko magdrive ng bagong fort, ok lang naman. Kelangan ko siguro ng test drive ng eve heheh.
    The Forester drives like a big compact car on stilts. However, it is not as nimble as a Fiesta or Jazz.

You should give it a test-drive to know the difference against PPVs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Malayo yung drive kahit Forester vs Fortuner. Try throwing a Fortuner in a corner, puro body roll at understeer lang makukuha mo. Then when you brake hard, the nose dive from the Fortuner is much more pronounced. Pag flat yung daan, minor imperfections are absorbed by the Forester but sa Fortuner kahit flat may tagtag pa rin.

This applies not just to the Fort but to all PPVs. Lahat sila panget handling compared sa Forester. Montero na pinakamaganda handling pero malayo pa rin sa Forester.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Malayo yung drive kahit Forester vs Fortuner. Try throwing a Fortuner in a corner, puro body roll at understeer lang makukuha mo. Then when you brake hard, the nose dive from the Fortuner is much more pronounced. Pag flat yung daan, minor imperfections are absorbed by the Forester but sa Fortuner kahit flat may tagtag pa rin.

This applies not just to the Fort but to all PPVs. Lahat sila panget handling compared sa Forester. Montero na pinakamaganda handling pero malayo pa rin sa Forester.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    I could remember driving my old Exped in Illinois and it was a hulk to drive on corners. You would even need to be careful when changing lanes driving 70 mph on the interstate. You can feel the wind blasting its tall structure.

The Forester can take corners just like a big car. Not as flat to ground like an Accord but Subaru's AWD system keeps the Forester planted on the ground. Even with pouring rain and a wet road, you can push the Forester with confidence.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I could remember driving my old Exped in Illinois and it was a hulk to drive on corners. You would even need to be careful when changing lanes driving 70 mph on the interstate. You can feel the wind blasting its tall structure.

The Forester can take corners just like a big car. Not as flat to ground like an Accord but Subaru's AWD system keeps the Forester planted on the ground. Even with pouring rain and a wet road, you can push the Forester with confidence.
    The boxer engine is also a factor.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Pinoys are huge fans of SUVs, and it is understandable. However for me I'd get the XV.
    I like how it looks vs Everest and Forester, may ground clearance din, and that car-like / Low riding feel versus driving big and tall. Parang ung car guy ka but you don't have to worry about the provincial dirt roads if full load.

Its also quite unique compared to the two in terms of looks, so if you value that (I do) then XV.
    Ease of parts and maintenance, I guess alam mo na ang sagot jan
    Diesel vs Gas, ikaw lang din makaka alam nyan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast