New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    As a daily driver and the odd off-road trip (once every few months), which one would you choose and why?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    everest... diesel and the ground clearance, resale value

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    As a daily driver and the odd off-road trip (once every few months), which one would you choose and why?
    ride comfort and stability...ample space and power

cons: space

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Tough call: Ford Everest

Both the Ford Everest and the Chevrolet Trailblazer have an 800-mm wading depth -- the best in the segment, I believe.

I'm not sure what you mean by "odd off-road trip." If it's really not that off-road, I would get the Ambiente, which is a 4x2. I have this odd fascination for base models

And oh, I would have the stock tires replaced with bigger ones.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    If you require 7 seats, then go for the Everest.

If you just need a comfortable vehicle for 5 with ample luggage space and capable off road, you will be better off with a Forester instead.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks for the various inputs.

The need is just for four seats and capable on fire roads (dirt roads) every couple of months or so. No hardcore off-road stuff.

Otherwise, it's city driving for the most part. Not concerned too much on wading depth or ground clearance.

As for the Forester, a little Singaporean bird told me it won't arrive until after Jan. 1, 2018. Too late for me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^The current generation Forester is more than enough for your needs. Despite the platform's age, it is still one of the best crossovers in the market. It offers a good balance of handling, performance, space, and utility. Why wait for 2018 when you can buy one now? The new Forester platform might be due for release locally around 2019.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It offers a good balance of handling, performance, space, and utility.
    I agree. I also drive the latest Forester model. The only thing I don't like is the black interior as it's very difficult to clean.

Fuel consumption may be a concern, too. Check the FC stats of other Forester owners out.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'd only get an XV if its a daily driver, I am single, and wouldn't have the need to load stuff.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Not a fan of in-house financing, but Ford has this zero DP for the base model Everest... cool

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast