New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Don't look at the BHP of the impreza. The impreza has 150hp, but on the wheels, it's around 95 stock. After turbo, according to Sid of Speedlab, it would get you at around 160whp. Not worth it for a 200k turbo kit. AWD of the Subaru is heavy, and with a non-turbo trim, you'll lose that much power on the wheels. That's why some people recommend that if you're buying a Subaru, go for the turbo ones, otherwise just forget it.

Yes the impreza has a solid feel and has some great features. But the looks? Looks ordinary to me, IMHO. I'd go for the GC on this hands down.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    Don't look at the BHP of the impreza. The impreza has 150hp, but on the wheels, it's around 95 stock. After turbo, according to Sid of Speedlab, it would get you at around 160whp. Not worth it for a 200k turbo kit. AWD of the Subaru is heavy, and with a non-turbo trim, you'll lose that much power on the wheels. That's why some people recommend that if you're buying a Subaru, go for the turbo ones, otherwise just forget it.

Yes the impreza has a solid feel and has some great features. But the looks? Looks ordinary to me, IMHO. I'd go for the GC on this hands down.

+1

It's the otherwise on the GC's case. Even it's the base model, the looks are stunning. Probably because it's a coupe. And not everyone is used to seeing one.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Abangan mo nalang yun refresh version nun I'm smelling one nearing the horizon.

Or maybe Hyundai Veloster? May pricelist na daw mga aftermarket Hyundai dealers natin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Abangan mo nalang yun refresh version nun I'm smelling one nearing the horizon.

Or maybe Hyundai Veloster? May pricelist na daw mga aftermarket Hyundai dealers natin.
    Parang ... pangit ?

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Just to give you guys an update, I test drove the Impreza yesterday and I must agree with everyone that while the 150hp engine appears good on paper it felt average pulling the Impreza. It felt not much more powerful from my DD – Civic. Acceleration was linear and there was no abrupt push-to-your-seat acceleration (which is good or bad depending on how you look at it). The suspension of the Impreza was excellent; the “speed bumps” along the wide street from edsa heading towards white plains (forgot the name of the road) felt pleasant inside the cabin which would otherwise be jarring in my DD. The outside and tire noise was muffled inside the cabin. Breaks was strong and gave the confidence to step on the accelerator more so than necessary. The clutch was light and pleasant to use. Steering was also light without feeling numb. All in all, the Impreza would be an excellent choice for any person DD for any person looking for one . Unfortunately, I’m not looking for another DD for this purchase.

Veloster looks good to me however, I need to make my decision before this month ends (I’ve been holding back since November last year). I can wait longer for the release but the family is getting impatient .

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    *jhnkvn. I'm also anticipating the refresh version. My SA told me that it seems that Hyundai is gearing up in producing the refresh models since no coupes have been arriving from Korea. I am hoping (and praying ) that he is correct and by the time the unit arrives, 3~4 months from order (if my memory is correct) it is already the refresh version. hahaha wishful thinking naman ako! hmm, matigas or malalim ang clutch ng GC?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subaru Impreza 2.0rs 5MT vs. Genesis Coupe 2.0T (Base)