New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I actually like the 19" GC stock rims. But that's for the premium variant na

Genesis Coupe gets my vote. Wary with the clutch, I found the Suby's clutch to be WAY better in my liking compared to the GC.
    O`nga daw. Medyo makunat DAW clutch ng GC ?

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yung sa premium na GC ok na, pero sa 2.0T ang panget.

*renzo: pag may GC ako ito lagay ko rims.

Mahal yan. BBS eh. :hysterical:

And di pa yata yan available dito ? Heheh.

--

OT :

I spotted a white EX this morning sporting a CF hood and a CF trunk. What made it nice ( for my taste ) was its neon pink Rota IKF's/Grid 2's. Mga 18" siguro yun then it's dropped.

To give you a little hint of what should be expected from the car, it has this " SPEEDLAB " sticker at the back.

Wala naman. I mean, if the GC you're gonna get is white, then slap on a CF hood and a CF trunk, match it with a muffler w/ titanium tip then by all means go for neon colored rims. Looks nice for me IMHO.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sir I know an 07 WRX for sale halos kaprice ng GC.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    sir I know an 07 WRX for sale halos kaprice ng GC.

Uy, 2007.

*TS : If you're dead considering a 2nd hand unit then by all means get an 07 Impreza WRX / STi. Isa 'to sa mga dream cars ko.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ECU Reflash muna bago change rims

Para kunwaring mabagal.. Hahahaha

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks for the fast reply guys!

Seems like the unanimous vote is for the GC . Wonder if anyone would vote for the 2.0 rs .

*foresterx. The build quality is really what drove me to take a second look at the impreza. The car exuded a "solid" feel which I found lacking in other cars, even the GC. Would a turbo in the impreza bring it at the same whp as the GC? As of now, I don't know my target whp, but if I decide to get an Impreza I'd at least make sure that it can hold its own with a (stock) 2.0T GC (I could sense a buyer's regret here ).

*ghosthunder. Hmm, that made me think for a while I'd definitely like that.

*renzo_d10 and Ry_Tower. The spoiler and mags are the first things I plan to change. But It will probably be a while since I plan on modding after the warranty expires with the GC or when I get tired of waiting . I looked into the GT-A but since I wanted the manual transmission, it was among stricken out. Too bad Mitsubishi stopped the GT model.

*jhnkvn. yeah, the clutch seems to be a problem with the GC. Too bad test unit of HARI is an automatic, I would definitely like to test drive a manual GC and get a feel of the clutch

*yuichi. Thanks for the offer but my parents would scold me if they found out I decided to choose a pre-owned vehicle in exchange for a brand new one.

Additional question guys, with respect to aftermarket parts of the two vehicles, which one has more support?

I'll test drive the Impreza tomorrow and give you guys some feedback until then please add your insights to the thread.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Doon din ako sa GC. Ang layo talaga kasi ng dalawa eh. With the GC, since this is a turbocharged car all you have to do is add a piggyback ECU and perhaps a racing filter and, you'll be getting a huge amount of performance increase already which is not the case with the Impreza in which you will be spending a six digit sum for it to match the GC's performance.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ECU reflash palang ibang klase na magagawa sa GC 2.0T.

From 170WHP to 235WHP. Plus modifications pa.

Mas marami aftermarket support yung Impreza pero syempre mas masarap paglaruan yung GC kasi Turbo na eh. 4B11 pa so marami din yan parts.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply guys!

Seems like the unanimous vote is for the GC . Wonder if anyone would vote for the 2.0 rs .

*foresterx. The build quality is really what drove me to take a second look at the impreza. The car exuded a "solid" feel which I found lacking in other cars, even the GC. Would a turbo in the impreza bring it at the same whp as the GC? As of now, I don't know my target whp, but if I decide to get an Impreza I'd at least make sure that it can hold its own with a (stock) 2.0T GC (I could sense a buyer's regret here ).
    no, i think even speedlab turbokit will only make the impreza close to 190-200hp. since the impreza is n/a you can't really do much to it, putting an aftermarket turbo to it you'll risk the cars reliability. i'm sure you don't want to do that in your brand new car. the best thing you could do to an impreza is suspension and tire mods so you can make it out handle a lot of cars, i've seen impreza's with suspension mods and fitted with the proper tire out handle sti's and evo's. unlike in the GC, since it's already a turbo just by putting a full exhaust and getting an ECU flash you could gain so much hp.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    * GTI, Starex-Gold, Foresterx. WTF 170 to 235 whp just from a reflash! grabe naman un parang dinikitan pa ng isang turbo ung GC! that's almost within reach of Evo's and Sti's and to think that a reflash is almost one quarter the price of a turbo! tapos lagyan mo pa air filter! Hmm, parang ayaw ko na magtest drive ng Impreza ha! . Have to agree that installing a turbo on an engine not designed for one might affect the reliability of the car. I for one plan on holding on to the car for more than five years.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    *renzo_d10 and Ry_Tower. The spoiler and mags are the first things I plan to change. But It will probably be a while since I plan on modding after the warranty expires with the GC or when I get tired of waiting . I looked into the GT-A but since I wanted the manual transmission, it was among stricken out. Too bad Mitsubishi stopped the GT model.
    Just a tip. ;)

Yung spoiler, walang problema yan sa warranty since it's just a mere add-on. No modifications whatsoever, well unless yung sa trunk.

Regarding the wheels, madali lang naman lusotan yan.

Get aftermarket wheels BUT don't sell your stock rims. Para pag warranty claims regarding sa suspension isalpak mo lang yung stock rims ulit tapos diretso na sa CASA ! :hysterical:

Ganun lang yan. Hahaha. Kaya kita mo marami na agad na Genesis 2.0T na modded agad.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    ECU reflash palang ibang klase na magagawa sa GC 2.0T.

From 170WHP to 235WHP. Plus modifications pa.

Mas marami aftermarket support yung Impreza pero syempre mas masarap paglaruan yung GC kasi Turbo na eh. 4B11 pa so marami din yan parts.
    Wow. Meron palang ganun. Magkano yan, SG ? Hahaha.

Yep, mas marap pag laruan yung GC. Turbo e. And, mas madali pataasin ang WHP ng GC compared to the N/A impreza.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subaru Impreza 2.0rs 5MT vs. Genesis Coupe 2.0T (Base)