New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Hello Guys!

After months and months of choosing my list has finally narrowed to these two. The car would be used as a substitute during coding and the occasional gimmicks thus the choice of manual transmission. I’ve searched the forums for the comparison of the two and found none (the closest being the WRX which I believe has a different performance level than the RS, not to mention out of my budget ). While the Lancer EX was also one of my choices the manual transmission model was so bare I got underwhelmed (the side mirror and door handle is not even body colored!! No offense to those who bought one).

Genesis Coupe 2.0T (Base)
    Certainly the better looking car. Hyundai has "armed" the base variant with a quasi-4B11 engine plus a turbo and an additional gear (6MT vs. 5MT) making it faster than the Impreza. It is also equipped with an LSD. The Genesis also has traction and cruise control to boot! Its head unit was also designed to play Ipod (great since all my songs are stored in my Ipod). I plan on keeping the genesis stock.

Impreza 2.0 RS
    This was the dark horse of my choices, but after taking a look at it at the showroom the design grew on me (since its going to be replaced next year all the more reason to buy now). It also has the famed Symmetrical Four Wheel Drive of Subaru and the Boxer engine . Fit and finish is impressive. The Dual Range as well as the LSD was a pleasant surprise when I was informed about it. The car also has cruise control, hill start assist, and vehicle dynamic control (correct me if I am wrong). Plus, with the price difference (~300k) I could install upgrades to it. However, while the Genesis has the turbo to increase its FC, the Impreza has the AWD system to increase its FC as well, I guess fuel consumption between the two would be similar.

I guess the question is whether the 300k addition is worth to upgrading to the genesis or should I invest it in the Impreza?

You comments/suggestions are very welcome.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    get the GC, walang laban ang 2.0rs compared to the GC. dapat wrx vs GC para may laban.
    the impreza no matter what you do to it, it won't be fast or won't even come close to wrx performance even if you put a turbo kit on it. the only way to make it fast is to do a full engine swap. the only advantage of the impreza is the extra seats, awd(depends on where you'll use it) and build quality/reliability. no offense to GC owners but the impreza just feels more solid compared to the GC.
    Last edited by foresterx; April 25th, 2011 at 06:04 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to impress the panties off a girl, then the GC is the way to go.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    GC na. I`d pick the Impreza if it were the WRX variant. Lalo na kung WRX STi. ;)

Pero don't keep the GC stock though. Atleast change the rims.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup change the rims lang. the GC's exterior looks is really really nice i even think for the price it is the best looking sports car, sa rims lang talaga sumablay.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yup change the rims lang. the GC's exterior looks is really really nice i even think for the price it is the best looking sports car, sa rims lang talaga sumablay.

Yep, maliit ano ?

*TS : If you're gonna buy the GC. Change the rims and slap on the OEM spoiler that's also found at the 3.8L variants

Siguro pwede na Rota IKF's ( 5 holes 'to. ) or Grid 2 ( if available siya sa 5 holes )

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I actually like the 19" GC stock rims. But that's for the premium variant na

Genesis Coupe gets my vote. Wary with the clutch, I found the Suby's clutch to be WAY better in my liking compared to the GC.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yung sa premium na GC ok na, pero sa 2.0T ang panget.

*renzo: pag may GC ako ito lagay ko rims.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I can only comment on the looks and the GC is really much better IMO. Tama si Renz, rims na lang palitan/upgrade sulit na since for coding lang naman. No more addt'l mods... Well except maybe a KNN air filter.

Since you would like to do mods, have you also considered the Lancer EX GT-A?
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; April 25th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    double post
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; April 25th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Subaru Impreza 2.0rs 5MT vs. Genesis Coupe 2.0T (Base)