New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Agree the engine of the Sta Fe is really good. Powerful & economical. It's what's going for it the most.
    It's also comfortable at the back if you're a passenger.
    The reverse camera is nice. But the sound system is a letdown. Integration with iPhone and Bluetooth pairing are not seamless - it's small things like this that makes it fall short of being a premium car despite all the added features. It's still good value though. The car itself is what you'd expect from cars of similar class, perhaps a bigger version of the CRV (but because of track record I feel the CRV is better built? - can't validate Sta Fe yet but it's got a 5-year warranty).
    It's definitely a more practical choice than the Subaru 2.0 esp. with diesel P8/li cheaper than gasoline nowadays.
    Just my initial impressions.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrogen View Post
    Agree the engine of the Sta Fe is really good. Powerful & economical. It's what's going for it the most.
    It's also comfortable at the back if you're a passenger.
    The reverse camera is nice. But the sound system is a letdown. Integration with iPhone and Bluetooth pairing are not seamless - it's small things like this that makes it fall short of being a premium car despite all the added features. It's still good value though. The car itself is what you'd expect from cars of similar class, perhaps a bigger version of the CRV (but because of track record I feel the CRV is better built? - can't validate Sta Fe yet but it's got a 5-year warranty).
    It's definitely a more practical choice than the Subaru 2.0 esp. with diesel P8/li cheaper than gasoline nowadays.
    Just my initial impressions.
    Look at the bright side, yung sound system madaling remedyuhan... Nagtataka nga ako, bakit ang mahal ng kotse laging sablay ang sound system...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hyundai Santa Fe, the two extra seats may be needed for emergencies

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Look at the bright side, yung sound system madaling remedyuhan... Nagtataka nga ako, bakit ang mahal ng kotse laging sablay ang sound system...
    Taiwan made kasi yung nilalagay na HU ng HARI sa Santa Fe eh. Dito na sa Pilipinas nilalagay.

Kaya medyo sablay ang quality. Maganda naman yung speakers kung maganda ang source ng sound eh.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hyundai Sta Fe, seats 7, R-eVGT CRDi, cheaper maintenance, Hyundai has more dealerships, Hyundai is number 3 in the Philippines. Sta Fe is 6-speed A/T while Forester is 4-speed A/T. SF has 194hp 436Nm Torque, while Forester has 150-hp 196Nm.

Subaru Forester 2.0 looks bare. Black door handles? The 2nd row is also very masikip.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Update ko lang.

The couple went to Cebu to take a first-hand look at the Forester. They also drop by at the Mazda dealership to take a peek at the CX-7. Guess what, naliliitan.

They now want a mid-size SUV. And are currently considering the Toyota Fortuner. What a twist! or a letdown.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Update ko lang.

The couple went to Cebu to take a first-hand look at the Forester. They also drop by at the Mazda dealership to take a peek at the CX-7. Guess what, naliliitan.

They now want a mid-size SUV. And are currently considering the Toyota Fortuner. What a twist! or a letdown.

Its a twist not a let down. Its their money, its their ride.
    What suit them best is for them to decide.
    I wont be surprise if they end up with a full size SUV.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pati ba sa SF naliliitan? Siguro maliliitan pa sila lalo sa Fort! Ang sikip nun eh. Tamang tama lang ang 3 average build adults sa 2nd row and with very limited headroom and legroom pa.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yep the 2nd row of the facelifted Fortuner is quite tight because the aircon robs away some of the headroom. And dahil based sa Hilux Pickup ang Fortuner parang 2nd row of a Pickup din ang space sa 2nd row. But the third row is very spacious for 2 adults may sarili pang air con vents.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Somehow, I smell Montero recommendations soon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subaru Forester 2.0 or Sta Fe 2.2 Diesel?