New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    patulong naman po... pinagpipilian ko kasi ang dalawang ito.. i know magkaiba sila . please share your thoughts at baka sakaling makatulong sa akin mag decide..

gagamitin lang for family use.. gagamitin ni misis pag wala ako.

i liked the pick up kasi madaming paglilibangang mods pang pueding gawin, masarap dalhin sa malubak naming daan.
    i liked the innova kasi more passenger ang nasa loob..

about sa FC , san matipid sa dalawa? city drive, short trips(5km from A to B) light traffic...

planning to kept the car for a long time....

TIA

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Toyota Innova, the pickup is nice but for family use the Innova is better. The novelty of having a pickup will soon wear out, you can't load items on the pickup bed when it's raining, even when it's not, they might not be safe there. Innova will be able to pass by bumpy roads also and it's more fuel efficient in the city. The only thing with the Innova is that the 2014 look is not as good looking as before the update.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Based on your usage- Innova. Its carlike drive fits city driving well. Seating capacity is a big difference.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    +1 on the Innova

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Mukhang wants lang yung strada. Needs ang innova. So innova ang mas ok

6. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    thanks sa mga input ... malaking tulong ito sa akin...

sabi sa kabilang thread , matipid pag diesel compare sa gas, but medyo malaki ang maintainance ng diesel compare naman sa gas. tanong ko lang, mga magkano nagagastos pag nasiraan ka ng ganitong parts sa diesel ?? para maging handa sa haharapin....

1. Injectors - may fail due to dirty diesel
    2. EGR - may fail due to dirty diesel
    3. Turbo
    4. SCV problem

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by franceyangtze View Post
    thanks sa mga input ... malaking tulong ito sa akin...

sabi sa kabilang thread , matipid pag diesel compare sa gas, but medyo malaki ang maintainance ng diesel compare naman sa gas. tanong ko lang, mga magkano nagagastos pag nasiraan ka ng ganitong parts sa diesel ?? para maging handa sa haharapin....

1. Injectors - may fail due to dirty diesel
    2. EGR - may fail due to dirty diesel
    3. Turbo
    4. SCV problem
    Never pa ako nasiraan ng ganyan sa innova
    saan-saan ko pinapagas yan kahit sa province
    basta regular PMS di ka maapektuhan niyan
    kung sakaling mag fail injectors mo it will cost as much as 100k or more

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    To TS, your comparing apples and oranges. Innova would be good if passenger and better ride comfort ang concern mo.
    For cargo carrying capacity and ground clearance against flood water, there is no contest, the pick-up will out perform the innova. For example lang. sometimes nag kakarga ako nang mga maruming bagay, like compost, woods and even live animals like goats and chickens. Now if you get the innova, I don't think you would like how the goat and chickens will smell inside the innova. Since I don't think you would be loading same cargos like mine, the Innova will be the best fit for your lifestyle.
    FC: wag ka masyado maniwala sa mga nag sasabing car A is more fuel efficient than car B (if both are 2.5 diesel). FC boils down to individual driving style. Kahit alin sa dalawa kukunin mo if mabigat naman paa mo and you change gear at high rpm(manual tranny), then your FC will always suffer.
    Maintenance: All reputable car makers regardless of brands have tested their units and spent millions of dollars on R&D. So it's up to you which one to buy. Just bear in mind that no car is invincible and there is always a lemon. Even if you have the cheapest brand of car/pick-up but religiuosly folow PMS, that cheapo will always outlast any expensive car/pick-up that does not get a routine PMS.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I wouldn't be surprised if the naysayers of a particular brand, don't even own one... Not to mean their opinions don't count.. But is it just possible that.... those who do own one, are probably so satisfied with the car, they don't mind at all these possible problems in the future..

And I don't mind comparing apples to oranges.. After all, we are interested in the driving characteristics and not the name..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 11th, 2014 at 09:31 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Between the two, I'd go for the Strada, if only for the power amenities. :D And then again, it's a proven car, the vehicle of choice of San Miguel corporation for their corporate fleet in fact. It does have it's disadvantages though, and having a Strada GLS Sport V in the family, I am quite familiar with them. Do make sure that the missus is comfortable with the Strada's length. Definitely not very easy to park, especially in parallel parking. Steering is heavier than most. Being a pickup, you will have to invest in either a canopy (our Carryboy canopy cost 67k) or a lockable bed cover to keep your things from the elements and out of prying hands. There's no reaching them from in the cabin either, unless you opt for the 4x4 variant with the opening rear window wherein you can reach the stuff placed at the back of the bed.:D The bed itself is also on the small side.

The Innova is definitely the more practical and versatile between the two. You get seating for 8. With all the seats folded up you get a cargo area that can rival a pickup bed. Engine performance is good enough for most. If I were to get one though, I'd stay away from the J and go for a 1-2 year old used E or G variant instead.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast