New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    AFAIK between J and E ang dagdag ay power windows and locks, alloy wheels, ABS and rear wiper. I personally find these things to be worth the money.

Mura lang ang aftermarket power windows and locks. You'll see lots of them in Olx. Less than 5k lang, though I'm uncertain of the quality.

Not considering slightly used 2nd hand bro?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

tumitingin tingin din ako sa mga second hand cars.. pero parang mas mapapamahal yata ako.. kasi mas mataas ang loan rate sa second hand compare sa brandnew.. di naman tinatangap ang mga used cars sa bank... then isa pa, lagi din akong wla so baka mahirapan si misis mag asikaso sa darating na problema ng used cars... kaya parang pagtyagaan ko na lang ang brandnew kahit na hindi top of the line... mura lang pla mga after market ng power windows and locks.. sana may mga nakasubok na dito at ma share kung matibay din ito...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by soyti75 View Post
    i thought of this comparison once before when i was considering budget. but i came to the point na Strada was the far better choice than the Innova, for me. I have the GLS V matic strada, and it has served me well for the past 1 and a half years. Little things like when i bought a new ref, a rocking chair, had my german shepherd and labrador in a cage transported to the vet, had a road trip and around 8 people at the cargo bed doing steep inclines on rough roads, and i can go up to 160kms/hr on NLEX if i want to. These little things were easily done with the Strada, which i doubt would be the case with the innova. But wait, it is true you would have to spend more for added security, like spare tire lock, cargo cover ( i had a storage box installed instead as you would need it when the cabin is full with people, and only 5 can fit in there). It is true you would not need the bed always, but it is a great feature when needed. Plus of course the higher ground clearance of the strada (but you MUST change the tires to bigger ones)
    if I go to strada.. di na ko cguro bibili ng cover sa cargo bed.. mas gusto ko yong open lang. papalagyan ko lang ng stainless bars, sabay kabit ng mga ilaw..dagdag sa porma. hehe... di ko na alam kung ano tawag doon. hehe.. kabit bumper, unahan at sa huli. later on palit gulong... teka, teka lang.. mukhang mas mapapamhal yata ako sa pickup.. daming naiiisp gawin... hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by franceyangtze View Post
    if I go to strada.. di na ko cguro bibili ng cover sa cargo bed.. mas gusto ko yong open lang. papalagyan ko lang ng stainless bars, sabay kabit ng mga ilaw..dagdag sa porma. hehe... di ko na alam kung ano tawag doon. hehe.. kabit bumper, unahan at sa huli. later on palit gulong... teka, teka lang.. mukhang mas mapapamhal yata ako sa pickup.. daming naiiisp gawin... hehehe...
    If you don't cover the bed of the pickup esp with a hard top, your fuel mileage may suffer because of wind drag.

Innova is ok but there is an upcoming all-new model soon (this year or early next year). Also considered Innova but the backup security of my wife's boss are all Innovas so I decided against it, mahirap na. For security reasons.

if your budget is short, save up more, do not settle for something you don't really want or you'll end up with buyer's regret.

I am also in this predicament. I want the utility of the pickup's bed esp for fresh produce / wet market stuff, transporting live animals like dogs, construction materials, etc. but I don't really need it all the time. So, I have decided to get the upcoming Everest (hopefully I don't get outvoted again in favor of Pathfinder) and just build/buy a trailer for hauling duties.

Ask around first but I think Innova can also haul a light unbraked trailer.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kelangan ng takip bro. Kahit sliding bed cover man lang. Pano mga groceries mo? And there's the aforementioned aerodynamic drag.

I don't mind carrying animals in closed vehicles, as long as they're not too dirty and aren't prone to motion sickness. All our cars that don't have leather seats (Strada, Revo and Tribute) have been used in hauling dogs at one point or another. Medyo nakakatakot sa Santa Fe at Accord baka makalmot nila ang upuan. Just sharing, the first time our golden retriever rode a car (the Revo) it barfed all over the rubber floormat on the 3rd row. All I did was hose the floormat and air out the cabin. You do have to vacuum the carpet every now and then though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by GTi; September 14th, 2014 at 12:56 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ah, so having no cover sa cargo bed affects the aerodynamic of strada? makes sense. ayaw ko kasi mawala yung function nito to carry tall objects eh. and being able to stand there pag may kandidato for election (joke)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123