New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    if you're gonna test for suspension, make sure the tires are inflated close to spec. you might be riding under inflated at 24psi which won't be a good test run.

boot space can accomodate 2 balikbayan boxes, and you can fold the rear seat for more.

enjoy the fuel economy even with aggresive driving and filling up to get the diesel price at 20% less than petrol price.

if you encounter or sense any irregularities in the purchase process, up and leave. do not settle for less than what you have agreed on. leave and fight for another day. do not rush. there are a lot of dealers. to be honest, sometimes your purchase will be decided by which dealership is best.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    the hatch has a smaller cargo bay than the sedan (the sedan's boot will be more than adequate for your needs )

fortunately, FGP just released the sedan version of the TDCi
    I checked out the sedan TDCi and it has a seemingly much bigger boot Pero I want that hatch, it looks so good haha!

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    if you're gonna test for suspension, make sure the tires are inflated close to spec. you might be riding under inflated at 24psi which won't be a good test run.

boot space can accomodate 2 balikbayan boxes, and you can fold the rear seat for more.

enjoy the fuel economy even with aggresive driving and filling up to get the diesel price at 20% less than petrol price.

if you encounter or sense any irregularities in the purchase process, up and leave. do not settle for less than what you have agreed on. leave and fight for another day. do not rush. there are a lot of dealers. to be honest, sometimes your purchase will be decided by which dealership is best.
    Hey that's a good point on the tire pressure! I'll try it out again

Regarding the boot space, are you referring to the hatch or the sedan Focus?

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

my vote: get a grand livina...

xtrails are designed to be driven, not on the city but open roads...

focus, sedan is more spacious than the hatch... , but as experienced--wagons are more spacious...pero ang naturn-off ako sa focus is that everyone inside can open the door even if it is locked! not good for the kids..

APV and avanza are good choices too...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Focus 2.0 4AT is a guzzler compared to a 1.6 Altis or a 1.8 Civic... but most 2.0s are guzzlers. When we tested the Corolla 2.0, we got around 6 km/l in the city... and we didn't drive during rush hour.

The Focus sedan is indeed a more practical choice than the hatch in terms of cargo space. I do like the hatchback's interior trim better, though... not a big fan of beige.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Focus 2.0 4AT is a guzzler compared to a 1.6 Altis or a 1.8 Civic... but most 2.0s are guzzlers. When we tested the Corolla 2.0, we got around 6 km/l in the city... and we didn't drive during rush hour.

The Focus sedan is indeed a more practical choice than the hatch in terms of cargo space. I do like the hatchback's interior trim better, though... not a big fan of beige.
    I'm referring to the Diesel TDCi variant of the Focus They now have it in the sedan.

I consistently am finding fuel consumption of 10-12 km/l (heavy foot driving) and 15-18 km/l (steady driving mixed city and highway) all over the internet.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    with your kind of budget, i'd consider the strada in the mix

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    with your kind of budget, i'd consider the strada in the mix
    Thanks for the input! I did some checking and I was hoping for better fuel efficiency I like the space though!

I think I'm still leaning towards the Focus haha!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjoe5 View Post
    Regarding the boot space, are you referring to the hatch or the sedan Focus?
    i'm referring to the hatch. you can also fit a wheelchair upright leaning forward in it.

with it you get a moderate headturner. they'll dismiss you up front, then boom, they see your bum. it's moreso at night with the parklights.

with compacts, you sacrifice space for zippy speed and in its price level, the focus tdci is one of the quickest. with an AUV or SUV you'd get great luggage space.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjoe5 View Post
    Thanks for the input! I did some checking and I was hoping for better fuel efficiency I like the space though!

I think I'm still leaning towards the Focus haha!
    maybe you saw the fc figures of the 3.2 strada. there's a 2.5 variant.

anyway i think you are dead set in getting the focus it's a great car! you'll go fast without burning a hole in your pocket

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Spacious car with good fuel consumption: How is the Ford Focus?