New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi guys! I need a bigger car to haul a lot more stuff (I now own a 1999 Corolla). I really like my corolla, super alaga and everything works great, power windows, alarm and all are still stock. Fuel consumption is a constant 10-12. I even soundproofed it and have a nice audio system.

However, I'm needing more space to carry my photography gear around for work. I've been trying to look around at what can haul more gear but is also matipid.

I used my sister's XTrail and it is awesome for space, I love the foldable seats too. BUT it is such a gas guzzler!

I'd love to get a new Tucson Diesel but I don't think I can afford it (I want the higher end model).

So now I'm looking at the Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI 5-Door. Price is about the most I can afford (I think it's 1.1M). It's getting good fuel efficiency and it SEEMS to have a pretty spacious cargo area! I can also use a roof rack for the other things I need to haul around.

I can't seem to find more info on the capacity though and configurations, like can the seats at the back fold up.

Can anyone tell me about the Focus, your thoughts and inputs? Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    All I can say is ... It's the best vehicle in it's category and price range. And, it's fast too ! Simply because of it's torque numbers. ;)

If you think that the focus will fit all your photography needs, then you shouldn't be looking at others by now. Stick to it.

However, if you're quite doubtful about it's space the Ford Escape is around. You can always take a look at it.

The Focus is a great car. For sure, you wouldn't have regrets in the whole span of your ownership. And :btw: Ford parts isn't really that pricey as what others say, it's just average.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Focus isn't the most spacious car in its class. It's tight in the back for three people, but legroom is good compared to cars like the Corolla or Sentra.

For fuel consumption, though, it can't be beat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjoe5 View Post
    So now I'm looking at the Ford Focus 2.0 TDCI 5-Door. Price is about the most I can afford (I think it's 1.1M). It's getting good fuel efficiency and it SEEMS to have a pretty spacious cargo area! I can also use a roof rack for the other things I need to haul around.
    The Ford Focus TDCi gives great fuel mileage hands down.

The Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi hatchback A/T is a good choice but there are drawbacks.

The car is about to be replaced by the newer model in under a year's time.

The suspension is rather stiff due to suspension upgrades to handle the heavy engine and dual clutch tranny. It's not back breakingly stiff but it is getting close.

I suggest a test drive to give you first hand experience on this. Make sure it's the Focus TDCi and not the Focus gasoline version. The suspension feel between the gas and diesel version are different.

The cargo space is average for a hatchback. The Honda Jazz actually has a bigger cargo space once you have folded down the rear seats. You just have to note what are the bulkier and longer items that would load in your car. Maybe bring a tape measure to check if it would fit.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the hatch has a smaller cargo bay than the sedan (the sedan's boot will be more than adequate for your needs )

fortunately, FGP just released the sedan version of the TDCi

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ford Focus hatch has a very small trunk space compared to other sedans. The Civic and Altis has a larger trunk space as compared to the Focus. As for the FC, we never had the diesel version. We had the gas version. Its quite a guzzler compared to other cars. Mas matipid ang Civic at Altis. The Tucson (Non-CRDI) is around 1m. I think that will be a better alternative. Things tend to even out later because diesel engines are more expensive to maintain as compared to gasoline vehicles.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Why not consider the Carens? Its large, drives like a car, economical since CRDI.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I agree on the Focus on being a gas guzzler. I used to have a focus which gave me a ratio of 8-9 km/ liter, versus the car I have now which gives me a ratio of 12-14 km/liter on a highway.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    All I can say is ... :bowako: It's the best vehicle in it's category and price range. And, it's fast too ! Simply because of it's torque numbers. ;)

If you think that the focus will fit all your photography needs, then you shouldn't be looking at others by now. Stick to it. :nod:

However, if you're quite doubtful about it's space the Ford Escape is around. You can always take a look at it.

The Focus is a great car. For sure, you wouldn't have regrets in the whole span of your ownership. And :btw: Ford parts isn't really that pricey as what others say, it's just average. :)
    I just came from a test drive of the Altis Civic and Focus and WOW I LOVE THE FOCUS :)

It's not as fancy and high-tech inside but the feel of the drive is fantastic. It feels more solid as well than the two.

I'll miss the HID lights in the Altis but I think I'm pretty much sold on the Focus. I overtook cars with ease and I wasn't even throttling it! I love the suspension too!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerjoe5 View Post
    I just came from a test drive of the Altis Civic and Focus and WOW I LOVE THE FOCUS

It's not as fancy and high-tech inside but the feel of the drive is fantastic. It feels more solid as well than the two.

I'll miss the HID lights in the Altis but I think I'm pretty much sold on the Focus. I overtook cars with ease and I wasn't even throttling it! I love the suspension too!
    hehe. yeah, the focus is really a blast to drive, even in its petrol form.

the diesel focus also has an electronic stability program to boot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Spacious car with good fuel consumption: How is the Ford Focus?