3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    EVO vs. Eva. in terms of riding comfort

Yan ang magandang comparo.... hahahahh

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Launching an Evo is a no-brainer. Even a poorly launched Evo can cream a well-driven SiR in the 1/4 mile. You dial in launch revs, let go of the clutch, and there's a minimum of wheelspin before the tires grip and you're off. Of course, do a dozen launches like this and you'll destroy the clutch, but that's a given with any powerful AWD (manual Lamborghini's will only take three or four full-power launches before destroying the clutch). I think it was Jay Leno who said that owning a Lamborghini sucks, because anyone in an econobox can beat you at the stoplight. You're too worried about your clutch to actually race anyone from a standing start. (clutch replacement on a Lambo is around 17,000 dollars, I think).
    which leads me to a question.. does that mean that cars with DSG-type clutches like the RS6 Audi and even the Bugatti Veyron can destroy their clutches if you floor the throttle too many times? or is a DSG clutch inherently superior to the crude human "launch at 4k and slip the clutch"?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Therefore, get a Porsche Carrera GT with ceramic-multilayered clutch... Tons of launches without the clutch frying... :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    DSG's should last longer than conventional clutches... I think... but even e-gear Lambos wear down clutches after a while. Strong engines are bad for transmissions, plain and simple. That's why Mercedes is addicted to conventional automatic transmissions, as they can take the tons of torque and horsepower that AMG engines produce.

And that's also why US drag racers prefer sturdy 3-speed ATs to more conventional MTs. With up to and over 1000hp going through the transaxle, not many clutches would last long enough to be competitive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oo nga ano.. who cares about losses in the slush box when you have 1000hp :D

that slush box would get REALLY hot though.. i think one reason why oldish AT cars here in the philippines have unreliable transmissions is being stopped in drive in traffic all of the time (rather than putting the transmission in neutral).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    mabibilib lang ako sa EVO pag nanalo na ito ng championship sa WRC...as of now, dehins ako bilib sa EVO.

sa SIR...I think its just a hype (to bring the car selling price a bit higher)

pangit na comparo - SIR vs EVO kasi magkaiba ang engine displacement nila diba?

WRC champ? 4 in a row....they did it from 1996-1999 yta(evo4-6.5) under tommi makinen.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *orly: For drag cars, it's not a problem, as they run once, cool down, and run again. In traffic, well... let's just say I don't let anyone in my family buy a secondhand AT in this country...

I once considered retrofitting an ATF cooler to my AT before... I think all Philippine market cars deserve one.

*theveed: ceramic clutches... mmmhmmm... kaya lang, mahirap daw timplahin sa traffic. And if ceramic brakes are supposed to be noisy, yung ceramic clutches kaya?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mitsu only became manufacturers champ in the WRC for 1998 iirc (or baka 1997, basta evo5 gamit nila). tommi makinen became 4-time driver's champ starting with the evo3 up to the evo6.

dogs daw go crazy with the noise from ceramic brakes? heehehehehehehe.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
SIR,MIT EVO which is faster?