Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    All 3 cars have the presence you want.

A Wise choice is the Toyota Prado, prefer if it was diesel. probably the one that will hold its value better than the other 2. it can seat 5 comfortable plus if in the future you suddenly have a family it will still be there to serve you reliably. it may just give the least presence compared to the other two and can sometimes be considered a family car.

If you don't plan to sell your Ford Ranger you can get the Toyota FJ as a toy/coding car. it great if you plan some off road driving plus it better suited for single bachelor guys. Plus it gives a better presence for a single person than your family oriented Toyota Prado.

The Ford Explorer give you a good presence in the road but it will always be a bit more expensive to maintain than the other 2 plus its resale value is the Worst of the 3.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Road presence?

Get a Range Rover.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    try nyo minsan road absence para kang invisible sa kalsada for driving such a common and already forgotten car

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    Hi guys. Been contemplating lately especially with the excise tax looming and its possible effects on the second hand market. Which kaya would be a better buy between :

a used explorer 2013 up which costs abt 1.2-1.5m

Vs

a used or brandnew fj cruiser (1.4m to 1.9m)

Vs

a used 2010 up gas prado (1.8m to 2.2m)

Factors to consider is road presence (babaw sorry hehe tipong di mabubully and presentable sa clients), Comfort on highway and ease of use in the city streets and mall parking. I may keep the car for five years or forever.

Which would be a better compromise or which between the 3 has perfect balance of their respective qualitites?

Im single and rides solo 90% of the time would be daily driven by me 90% of the time.

Would it seem a downgrade to sell my 2013 ranger which i got brandnew for the above mentioned cars ( has more “pedigree” but second hand)? My ranger has been loyal and got no issues but has become tiring to drive especially this past year.

Please discuss and enlighten if you may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First, I would wager that the pending excise tax won't signficantly affect used car prices. Worst case is that prices won't drop as quickly, but I doubt it'll drive prices up. So if that's the only reason you're planning to buy a car now, you might want to rethink.

However, if you're using the excise tax as a rationalization but really just want an SUV for no particular reason (it's okay, really), then I'd recommend either the Explorer or Prado.

The Explorer is the better city/highway cruiser with a more refined interior, plusher ride, and more tech. If you need something you can take off the beaten path or just want a more durable underchassis, then Prado it is. Both cars are very respectable and have far more appeal than your Ranger.

The diesel Prado is clearly a better car but the price difference just isn't worth it.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12