New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    On commuting and driving, cost-efficiency and safety are inversely proportional. I would always choose to driving my own car than commuting. If you can afford to import your V6 Sonata here in the Philippines, I'm sure you can afford a brand-new smaller engine vehicle. I know you love your Sonata but I think It would not be financially practical to make the import.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir plus pa po yung parking fee na 30pesos

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Driving a car has some risks too. Carjack, carnap, accident that may involve other car/property and/or person.

So, whether you drive or commute, doble ingat lang.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    sir wag ka na mag-aral dito. hindi conducive for studying yan plano mo. las pinas to Mapua, nakupo!
    I don't see anything wrong with commuting or driving from Las Pinas to City Hall. Countless students do it every day. Are you saying there's no students from say, Cavite who commute to Manila anymore? I'll have to hear that from Cavitenos themselves.

It's not like I'm a spoiled brat or anything (my daughter on the other hand..... ). The last time I commuted there was from Pamplona LPC - Alabang - Quezon City in 1994 after a very short angry meeting between my mom and I. It can't really be any worse...... it (the traffic) was already bad even then.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 24th, 2007 at 04:38 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    On commuting and driving, cost-efficiency and safety are inversely proportional. I would always choose to driving my own car than commuting. If you can afford to import your V6 Sonata here in the Philippines, I'm sure you can afford a brand-new smaller engine vehicle. I know you love your Sonata but I think It would not be financially practical to make the import.
    I've already decided if we move there, we'll just buy another V6 midsize car. The "buwayas" aren't going to get my money, at least the import fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Also, are public buses and jeepneys allowed on the Coastal Road/Expressway? The Coastal Road wasn't done yet the last time I remembered it. Actually, I remember it done when I visited in 1994. But, I can't recall if there were buses and jeepneys allowed on it. We took a taxi.
    Yup Buses and jeeps are allowed on the Coastal Road, you may see a wandering pedicab once in a while

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    get a car honestly all who take public transportation gets robbed everyday of millions (collectively). :bleh:

:fly:

Edit carjack FTL!!!

Edit2 try both see which fits you better seriously

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Driving a car has some risks too. Carjack, carnap, accident that may involve other car/property and/or person.

So, whether you drive or commute, doble ingat lang.
    Commuting is dangerous..... Driving is dangerous..... Gee. I'm at a loss. I'll just have to dress simply and keep as low a profile as possible. Actually that's how I've always behaved even when I was young over there. No flashy anything.

It's not like I'm a stranger to squatters or anything. I used to live with some of my poorer relatives in such an area while our house was being built. Of course, most people can tell I wasn't from there. But just the same, I got along with the people there.

I think I can commute if needed be. I'm not exactly "streetdumb". I might occasionally get on the wrong jeepney and end up in San Juan or something instead of LPC (which also happened a couple times back then). My only fear would be attracting the "female" guys like before.

Add: Wife just shouted we try Tacloban City instead. Nah. I was bored to death over there except for the beach. Metro Manila for me anytime.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 24th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    If it were me, just get or borrow a small subcompact like a Jazz, Getz, Vios (soon to be replaced by a Yaris Sedan), etc..bec. I presume parking will be quite scarce at MIT (inside Intramuros) and a small form factor vehicle will come in handy as well as the fuel saving issue. Also try not to form an attachment with this car bec. it might get scratched, dinged, etc...while being parked in a cramped parking space.

I have no experience commuting here in the Philippines but I do commute whenever I go abroad. My impression of the commuting here is that it is a hassle (bec. the lack of a cohesive centralized system), confusing (bec. it is a free-for-all-wild-west among transport operators), and unsafe (pollution, crime, accidents, etc..). Just my two cents.

re: importing. I read a post in another thread (you may search for it) by an individual who makes a living as a customs broker. If I remember it correctly, you'd have to spend around more than 100% of your imported vehicle's value in taxes and not counting other misc. fees.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ang alam ko 300% of the car's ORIGINAL SRP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Saving On Gas in Manila