New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    Nakapag-decide na ba?
    IMO, have the current Honda City properly maintained and keep it, since me 2nd car ka naman.
    But if you have to replace it with a new one, buy the Yaris. . .stay away from them Chinese brands.
    i would have thought the same.
    if the old car is functioning reliably naman, serving one's needs, with no headaches,
    i would imagine that one is contemplating on selling it because one is bored with it?
    "boringly reliable" ?

while the chinese brands appear to be making significant headway in their cars' standards, it will probably be several more years before i take the proverbial leap of faith.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the old car is functioning reliably naman, serving one's needs, with no headaches,
    i would imagine that one is contemplating on selling it because one is bored with it?
    "boringly reliable" ?

while the chinese brands appear to be making significant headway in their cars' standards, it will probably be several more years before i take the proverbial leap of faith.
    I have the 2012 Honda City 1.5E, reliable, low maintenance, and conventional AT (non-CVT). Though I'm planning to purchase a cross-over, I would still keep this old car of mine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ok na po mga kapatid. I've decided na yung non-hybrid Corolla Cross nalang kukunin ko. I think yung 1.8L is more than enough namn na for city driving and some out-of-town trips. Plus syempre it's a Toyota so parts will never be a problem in the future.

Thanks everyone and enjoy the rest of 2023!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "boringly reliable" ?

Correct ka po sir, underchassis lang po napagawa ko sa kanya pero other than that wala na po major repairs.

Kaya po kahit mabigat sa loob ko, I've decided to part ways with my Sporty kasi comparing it with the City, even if it's younger parang mas madami pa din ako gastos sa kanya (I don't if may bearing yung pagiging diesel).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I actually like the Yaris Cross, looks good and you have the safe Toyota reliability

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cktyu View Post
    I actually like the Yaris Cross, looks good and you have the safe Toyota reliability
    You may want to wait until the cheating scandal gets resolved.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    Parang sunod sunod na yung issue ng Daihatsu. Daming recalls tapos may cheating pa. Apparently, this didn't/won't sway buyers though as Daihatsu vehicles are still selling well, in our market at least.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cityfolk View Post
    Attention Required! | Cloudflare

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Parang sunod sunod na yung issue ng Daihatsu. Daming recalls tapos may cheating pa. Apparently, this didn't/won't sway buyers though as Daihatsu vehicles are still selling well, in our market at least.
    as the local spokesman said, "no laws were violated" in our country,
    ... because our country has no laws governing these!
    heh heh.

if i may,
    our local car buyers put more items up front when choosing what car to buy, than issues at alleged cheating at safety tests.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345