New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    17,335
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    and 855k for AT. i suggest you go with 1.5 engine subcompact like vios or city or even accent 1.6. but you are already at lancer's price which is a compact sedan. so might as well consider it
    Talo ang Lancer sa trunk space though. When i'm in Bacolod we use a current gen 2.0 EX and we have a hard time fitting in our weekend travel baggage for 5 people (3 adults + 2 kids).

    Also, when you go over 850K, you're also looking pretty close at the Altis 1.6G a/t as well, if Toyota is offering discounts. Before we know it... nasa 1M range na yung tinitignan ni TS.
    Last edited by vinj; January 15th, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    220
    #12
    Haha pansin ko nga pataas ng pataas ang budget though yung 828k mukhang kaya so puedeng accent 1.6. Di ko pa makita fc pero sabi sa site may eco mode?

    Yung sonic at city similar trunk space have to check the accent still. Both have 60/40 split rear seat.

    Medyo mahal na ang lancer na automatic di kaya sa budget.

    Comment ko lang sa 1.5 city for the price ang daming features ng iba na wala sya. Imo di rin mataas ang resale coz after 5 years kalahati na presyo.

    I'm curious on the almera though. Meron na sa showrooms?

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,073
    #13
    Di kasama Jazz? Laki cargo space nun plus matipid.

    However, kung constantly carrying 3 or more passengers kayo, better get a sedan.

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by roycruz View Post
    . Mitsubishi's site does not offer much info on the almera.
    Bro, you will never find any info about the Almera in Mitsubishi's site. Nissan kasi yun.

    Just take note though that the Almera seems to be rather lacking in power. Kahit sabihin nating on paper lang yun, 98hp is definitely not a big number especially for a 1.5L engine. And they say it's an all new engine.

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,447
    #15
    maganda rin iconsider ang avanza 1.5 828k rin ang M/T. sobra pa siguro sa cargo space na hinahanap mo. hehe. may additional 2 seats pa kung biglang kinailangan

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    220
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Bro, you will never find any info about the Almera in Mitsubishi's site. Nissan kasi yun.

    Just take note though that the Almera seems to be rather lacking in power. Kahit sabihin nating on paper lang yun, 98hp is definitely not a big number especially for a 1.5L engine. And they say it's an all new engine.
    I mean nissan haha but you're right 98hp is too low mas mataas pa sonic at 99. Checked nissan last night press release lang andun kaya di ko pa na consider.

    Sorry no auv for me :-)

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,104
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Just take note though that the Almera seems to be rather lacking in power. Kahit sabihin nating on paper lang yun, 98hp is definitely not a big number especially for a 1.5L engine. And they say it's an all new engine.
    Can't really tell 'til a test drive is in order. The Vios 1.3 only has 85 hp but I never found it to be underpowered, unlike the Rio which never felt like it had 107. The Innova only has 102 HP but it feels more like 130. Same thing with the old Tucson CRDi which only has 112. I admit I've dismissed some cars before due to their underwhelming paper specs, but actually driving them has the potential to change opinions.

    That said, the Almera just looks so ugly from the side, and mimics a whale from the rear, it's really hard to take it seriously, even if it did drive well.

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,236
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Can't really tell 'til a test drive is in order. The Vios 1.3 only has 85 hp but I never found it to be underpowered, unlike the Rio which never felt like it had 107. The Innova only has 102 HP but it feels more like 130. Same thing with the old Tucson CRDi which only has 112. I admit I've dismissed some cars before due to their underwhelming paper specs, but actually driving them has the potential to change opinions.

    That said, the Almera just looks so ugly from the side, and mimics a whale from the rear, it's really hard to take it seriously, even if it did drive well.
    Very true. But then that sort of output seems to be expected from a subcompact of the 90s.

    I never thought of the Almera's arse to look like a whale... until now. The sides look very slab-sided. Its brother the Bluebird Sylphy employs the same design concept and yet pulls it off much much better.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    17,104
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Very true. But then that sort of output seems to be expected from a subcompact of the 90s.

    I never thought of the Almera's arse to look like a whale... until now. The sides look very slab-sided. Its brother the Bluebird Sylphy employs the same design concept and yet pulls it off much much better.
    I think it's because designers emphasized on maximizing rear space, which is why the Almera's rear proportions look elongated compared to the rest of the car.

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    21,335
    #20
    Nakita ko na pics ng Almera, kailan ba magtitino ang designers ng Nissan?

    Patrol Royale na pinaka huling nagustuhan ko sa "modern" designs nila.

    Sayang lang wala daw ilalabas na Accent Diesel sedan. Puro hatch lang pero panalo sana yan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
recommendation for a sub compact sedan