New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I should've made myself clearer though; I will be purchasing the vehicle, used, if ever. Hence my apprehension with the Innova, specially after reading the D4D issues of the older models.

The Grandis is another option, as well as a 1st generation Ford Everest & Fieldmaster Pajero.

All these units cost between 500-600k second hand.

Fuel consumption is not a major issue since this vehicle will be replacing a V6 Grand Vitara, so I'm pretty sure any of these will be more fuel efficient.
    Well if that's the case, then I'm leaning more to the Grandis if there's no good Previa available on your hunt. I fell in love with the interiors and the gadget of the Grandis last year when we were hunting for a family vehicle. Fuel was also not an issue then and the BIG discounts that Mitsu offered us was really nice...the only factor (actually the main factor) that the Grandis loose over was the low ground clearance. Other than that panalo lahat.
    A second hand Grandis which is well taken cared of will be more comfortable, more luxurious to ride than a used Innova.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yung Previa 2.4L gas engine with 4 speed A/T so malakas sa gas. However it is roomier and more comfortable than the Innova due to the unibody Camry-based platform as compared to the Innova's body-on-frame truck based IMV platform shared with the Fortuner and Hilux. Nasa priorities mo na yan. If it was I, I'd be more practical and get the G variant Innova D4D and then give it some performance mods.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm.. Hard choice.

If I were in your shoes. I'd think of adding the Innova Gas in the list. Change the shocks afterwards.
    For the Previa, no doubt it's a great vehicle to own. But unless you are going to service it away from the CASA then I think it will be a problem and sort of messy to work around as the engine is placed mid-layout. Seen under the floor of the second row.

If you can attest the pain of maintaining a flat-nose van. The Previa seems to be in the same issue. This then can also lead to a dirtier cabin.

Other cars to consider would be the Optra Wagon. However, it will cost you much money on maintenance.
    If you want to go the Korean way, the Carens will also fit the bill.
    Hmmm... A Nissan Grand Livina seems to be on the budget too. Its car like comfort is a plus and with the 6speed manual it's definitely economical. It's not that showy on the road but it does have some looks to brag about.

The Suzuki APV has a harsh ride. The Avanza give you the same.

How about the 2006 CR-V? It's relatively comfy plus it's quite economical too. More frugal than the V6 GV.

The Grandis can sometimes be tight. It has a punchy engine, elegant looks, and a good ride. But I feel it's tight for a growing family.

For me, I'd get the Innova gasoline. It really wins in the maintenance department. If the issue is on comfort. How far can you really justify on that? Change the shocks and I think it's a good compromise.

The diesel Innova is also another option. Maintenance can be expensive if you are locked up with Toyota. But honestly, the 2KD is getting popular these days, hence the abundance of PMS parts can be easily bought from the shelves.
    iam3739.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Previa or Innova