New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Innova seems to be more cost-effective.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    If FC is not an issu..why not consider a Grandis? Lot's of room, comfortable and dami gadgets + BIG discounts pa!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I should've made myself clearer though; I will be purchasing the vehicle, used, if ever. Hence my apprehension with the Innova, specially after reading the D4D issues of the older models.

The Grandis is another option, as well as a 1st generation Ford Everest & Fieldmaster Pajero.

All these units cost between 500-600k second hand.

Fuel consumption is not a major issue since this vehicle will be replacing a V6 Grand Vitara, so I'm pretty sure any of these will be more fuel efficient.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Given that, best is you just keep your options open and go for the unit you find to be in best condition.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Fieldmaster Pajero na. Go-anywhere vehicle. And iba yung dating when you're in a Pajero.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

The brand new Previa is available only on indent order basis. I inquired with Toyota just last month and we would have to do a payment immediately then wait 4-6 months for the unit order (Japan) if we were to get.
    Yun din ang sabi sa akin ng Toyota Fort Bonifacio when I inquired a few weeks ago. Pero I haven't seen any new Previa units ever since the Alphard came out.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Yun din ang sabi sa akin ng Toyota Fort Bonifacio when I inquired a few weeks ago. Pero I haven't seen any new Previa units ever since the Alphard came out.
    The newest i've seen carry N plates so that puts it around 2009-2010.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TomE View Post
    The Grandis is another option, as well as a 1st generation Ford Everest & Fieldmaster Pajero.
    Yup, oks din Grandis. Innova like seating and space, but with nicer exterior. But for a bit more space and comfort, plus a truly minivan feel, then still the Previa.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The newest i've seen carry N plates so that puts it around 2009-2010.
    I've seen at least with the new P plates (upto mid 2011?). Not certain if I've seen with the T plates.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Between the 2, i would prefer the Previa and ang layo ng build quality between the 2. The previa would provide you with more luxury and a plush ride compared with the Innova. FC and utility is the Innova's strenghts, but syempre maintaining diesel engines is more expensive.

As what someone else mentioned, try the Grandis and its an underrated mpv. I have 1 and its a pleasure to drive. Very luxurious inside, nice and ride, cheap to maintain and like the previa kaunti lang ang nasa road. I get about 6-6.5 km/l city and about 10 on the highways

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    I've seen at least with the new P plates (upto mid 2011?). Not certain if I've seen with the T plates.
    Yeah, i think the Ps were up to sometime first or second quarter 2011. Toyota should actually consider bringing some units instead of indent order, seems there's still a demand and i doubt anyone would wait for several months if they want one and will just shell out for something else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Previa or Innova