New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    prang nagcompare ka ng nokia 5110 sa nokia n90... ang layo... :D peace tayo mga optra owners.. imho lang naman

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    honda city. no contest!

choose me!!!...lolx

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    The City or Vios would be a good choice for an economical sedan.
    The Optra isn't that bad either, in spite of all the Optra-bashing there are still many new facelifted Optras on the road.
    Fuel economy= City/Jazz or Vios
    overall value(interior space/standard features/low price)= Optra

The City and Jazz aren't that invincible...
    Honda Quality....
    That's Psylocke's car... it's well known that he got a lemon in terms of trim and build quality. Though Honda sometimes has issues like that (oops... remember the City that C!Mag accidentally "killed" because of issues with the keyless security?), it doesn't make it a rule. I know a lot of City and Jazz owners who have no complaints... except for the well-known front "kalampag" of the Jazz (due to inadequate rubber mounts on the front springs).

It just means you have to scrutinize the vehicle very very carefully before buying.

As for the Optra... I don't know a single owner in real life (and I've met quite a few) who wasn't disappointed with the fuel consumption... I think they're kind of deluded thinking that selling the car so soon will make things better, as they'll probably lose more money that way. It's just an idiosyncrasy you have to live with once you've bought the car.

Quote Originally Posted by slicker_boi
    Jologs lang talaga itsura ng City, pero it can really deliver. Maganda dashboard tsaka maluwag naman sa loob. Kakatawa nga meron itong folding rear seats habang Civic at Accord wala.

Optra Korean ang tunay na kulay. May nagsabi it's a step down sa Opel Astra.
    The Optra was developed by Daewoo, which used to sell rebadged versions of obsolete Opels... so that's not very far from the truth...
    Last edited by niky; March 20th, 2006 at 01:06 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pareho lang ba yun presyo ng City and Jazz? Kung ganun Jazz 1.5 nako. Pero kung optra pipiliin ko, i'll take the wagon.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing
    Pareho lang ba yun presyo ng City and Jazz? Kung ganun Jazz 1.5 nako. Pero kung optra pipiliin ko, i'll take the wagon.
    mas mahal ng konti yun jazz sa city.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If you want a fast car without regard to fuel economy Optra...
    Pero kung gusto mo ng matipid The New City ka na.... With regards sa space inside... konti lang cguro difference ng dalawa. You may want to check with the dealers kc ung City ko ang laki talaga lalo na compared sa Vios. Halos kasing haba ng Outgoing na Civic(I always park beside a Civic). Mga 3 to 6 inches lang diff. pero ung loob... golly wow...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    compared to the city, the optra has faaaaarr more horror stories

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oh baka nanaman may magsasabi na binabash ko masyado yung optra. I drove gearspeed's optra manual, hay nako, panget ng manual tranmission, long throw. hhehehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh, yeah... except for the lack of elbow room in the rear compared to compacts like the Sentra and Civic (narrow car), the City has huge amounts of space. High roof, lots of leg room... only complaint is the front seats are a bit too low.

And the trunk? The City's trunk is bigger than the Civic's, the Corolla's... and the Camry's... if you feel like carrying dead bodies to Laguna de Bay in the trunk, there's no better car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which is preferable a 2006 city or a 2006 optra