New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Though, I thought a Lancer EX GLS is around 1M for AT , How did it become under 900k? I love the look of this car and was wondering how the price went down hehe
    Local assembly vs direct japan imports helped cut costs so the dealer can give bigger discounts from the car's original SRP.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Local assembly vs direct japan imports helped cut costs so the dealer can give bigger discounts from the car's original SRP.
    Ghost, wow thats great! how much discount are they giving? How much is the net rate for the Lancer EX GLS AT then?

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Altis is perfect for you guys.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Ghost, wow thats great! how much discount are they giving? How much is the net rate for the Lancer EX GLS AT then?
    As mentioned above... Lancer EX GLS = P895,000 net of all standard discounts.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Ingat ka baka may magwala nanaman sasabihin sinisingit nanaman ang Korean cars. Baka matawag ka pa Hyundai fangay hahahahaha :hysterical: :gayfight:

BTT: Lancer EX GLS A/T ang para sa'yo. Hehe
    Wala naman silang masasabi eh. I only gave more choices that the TS may be able to consider, especially in the light of exorbitant fuel prices. People nowadays are looking for thrifty cars which also have good performance. And what better way to achieve that than getting CRDi? And I DID give my recommendation based on the TS's choices as stated above. Its just that, for me, brand new is not always the best choice.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    There's Mitsubishi again with their high SRP, big discounts pricing strategy

Altis is out since the 1.6L is heavy for its size. Remember that a smaller engine would not save you fuel if you're compensating its low engine output with higher RPMs compared to a low RPM bigger displacement engine.

Fiesta is okay but you might want to reconsider the space you'll be needing. The Honda Jazz is more economical and practical as an everyday vehicle.

Mazda 3 and Ford Focus is out on grounds that a model refresh is incoming. As GH stated, the 1.6L Mazda 3 would get you around 7km/L (personal experience driving one) which is fairly bad fuel economy considering I'm getting 6-7km on a 2.4L Sonata. Again, it's heavy. I'm revving to 4000RPMs on inclines while the Sonata does it on 1800RPM.

Lancer GLS and Honda Jazz 1.5 tops my list. Both are handsome, the Jazz leads with class-leading space and practicality while you're getting a bargain on the Lancer based on engine alone.

But remember that the Honda Jazz is treading very close to the base-model Honda Civic. I'd include that in my choices. They're dime a dozen, but that speaks of their quality. Plus, you won't have a problem finding spare parts.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wala naman silang masasabi eh. I only gave more choices that the TS may be able to consider, especially in the light of exorbitant fuel prices. People nowadays are looking for thrifty cars which also have good performance. And what better way to achieve that than getting CRDi? And I DID give my recommendation based on the TS's choices as stated above. Its just that, for me, brand new is not always the best choice.
    Pero hindi na good ang performance ng CRDi pag nasa casa na Sa mahal ng maintenance eh. Hahaha

In some ways, mas makaka-tipid ka parin sa petrol. Maliban lang kung malayo talaga ang difference sa FC nila nung diesel. Kasi sa ngayon mahal din ang presyo ng diesel, 49 Php/Li na yung kinakarga kong V-Power diesel. Eh hindi rin naman matipid lahat ng CRDi. Yung Starex GRX CRDi 7km/L lang din ang average nun sa city driving.

Swerte mo lang talaga di pa nagloloko 4JX1 mo, kapag nagloko na yan kakalimutan mo na mga CRDi hahahahaha :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pero hindi na good ang performance ng CRDi pag nasa casa na Sa mahal ng maintenance eh. Hahaha

In some ways, mas makaka-tipid ka parin sa petrol. Maliban lang kung malayo talaga ang difference sa FC nila nung diesel. Kasi sa ngayon mahal din ang presyo ng diesel, 49 Php/Li na yung kinakarga kong V-Power diesel. Eh hindi rin naman matipid lahat ng CRDi. Yung Starex GRX CRDi 7km/L lang din ang average nun sa city driving.

Swerte mo lang talaga di pa nagloloko 4JX1 mo, kapag nagloko na yan kakalimutan mo na mga CRDi hahahahaha
    Nyahaha~ Kasi naman OK lang sa akin ang Seaoil diesel, pinapakarga ko at P46/L eh tamo ang mga gasoline 50+ na. Eh kapag malayo pa ang tinatakbo mo araw araw ay naku... ang sakit sakit non. Dagdag pa dun ang lakas ng appetite ng gas, magkano na yan/month?

IMHO dun nalang ako sa mas mahal na maintenance once every few months, para isang bayaran lang kumpara sa araw-araw na matakaw na appetite for expensive gasoline. Ang GRX 7km/L lang? Stop and go city ba yan? Ikaw ba yung nagdrive? Kapag ikaw, maiintindihan ko yan. :rofl:

Ang 4JX1 ko, pinangangalagaan ko ng husto. Kaya MAHAL NA MAHAL ako nun! Ginagawa niya ang lahat para isupress ang mga problema, if not indefinitely, at least to a much, much later date. :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Swerte mo lang talaga di pa nagloloko 4JX1 mo, kapag nagloko na yan kakalimutan mo na mga CRDi hahahahaha :hysterical:
    Kund di naman talaga Expedition o E-150 sasakyan mo in the long run mas matipid pa din ang Petrol Cars versus Diesel Commercial Vehicles. Sa Hyundai Santa Fe lang yung matitipid mo sa diesel compared sa gasoline makakain din ng engine maintenance maybe after 7-10 years.

So kung di lang talaga hatak habol mo sa diesel or utility mag gas ka na lang. Makakatipid pa sa purchase price ng kotse.

Lalo na kung second hand older than 4-years big no no sa akin ang diesel. Opinion lang po.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks a lot for the great replies guys, this is what makes tsikot a very informative and helpful forum.

We have 2 small kids and we have an old 2002 Adventure for trips that need space and many passengers. No plans (and budget) of changing this so far.

Regarding Korean cars, the first ones we actually looked at were the Picanto, and the i10, but these will not maximize the P 900k budget and so were not included in the list.

The list from Mitsubishi is exactly the same thing we saw with the dealer, that's why the EX is really very tempting. Even more so given the FC figures quoted here. Too bad they didn't have a sample unit that time, though they gave brochures, hehehe.

The Civic is also a good candidate based on features, but it is just a little over the budget at P 913k SRP, though we will check the discount when we go to the dealers.

What we did was list down all the specifications and selected the top three cars per specification. Then we counted the number of specs each car got and that's how we came up with the candidates. Next step is to take an actual look at the cars in the dealerships...this will be our very first brand new car so you can imagine our excitement : )

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Please help us choose a new car