New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Please help me decide ^_^

2012 Kia Picanto or 2012 Chevrolet Spark?

and are the FC issues about the Picanto true?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jdolor View Post

You could try reading the following articles...

PICANTO: Changing Expectations | 2011 Kia Picanto 1.0L EX AT
    SPARK: Beaming Around Town | 2011 Chevrolet Spark 1.2 MT

What FC issues with the Picanto? During our test drives, we got 11Km/L as you can read in the article.

Personally, after driving the two cars, I prefer the Picanto by a wide margin. For one, the rear hatch of the Spark rattles when I drove it over some rough spots on the road. The "gauge cluster" in the Spark doesn't really appeal much to me and view is impaired due to lack of adjustment.

BTW, the Spark 1.0L feels better to drive than the 1.2L because of what feels like a wide flat spot in the middle of it's power curve.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009

based from some posts of Picanto AT owners, the FC is not what they expect to be from a 1.0L car. to me, I would pick the Picanto , in MT form, over the Spark. I like the styling of the Picanto than the Spark. If you're not in a hurry, you may want to wait for the Mirage and compare the 3.
    (ika nga- Patience is a virtue..)..

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You could try reading the following articles...

PICANTO: Changing Expectations | 2011 Kia Picanto 1.0L EX AT
    SPARK: Beaming Around Town | 2011 Chevrolet Spark 1.2 MT

What FC issues with the Picanto? During our test drives, we got 11Km/L as you can read in the article.

Personally, after driving the two cars, I prefer the Picanto by a wide margin. For one, the rear hatch of the Spark rattles when I drove it over some rough spots on the road. The "gauge cluster" in the Spark doesn't really appeal much to me and view is impaired due to lack of adjustment.

BTW, the Spark 1.0L feels better to drive than the 1.2L because of what feels like a wide flat spot in the middle of it's power curve.
    Thanks for the quick reply, based on your articles that i've read, i'd probaby go with the Picanto, but still a bit hesitant, due to it's FC as compared to the Spark.

Cheers

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    based from some posts of Picanto AT owners, the FC is not what they expect to be from a 1.0L car. to me, I would pick the Picanto , in MT form, over the Spark. I like the styling of the Picanto than the Spark. If you're not in a hurry, you may want to wait for the Mirage and compare the 3.
    (ika nga- Patience is a virtue..)..
    The things is, I really want an A/T small car, hoping that it would supposedly cut down the cost of gas consumption as compared to my avanza 1.3J. I'm leaning more towards the Picanto, just afraid that it may consume more gas as compared to my current avanza, knowing that it's automatic and consumes more gas than the likes of spark and i10. Thanks for replying to my query.

Cheers ^_^

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The things is, I really want an A/T small car, hoping that it would supposedly cut down the cost of gas consumption as compared to my avanza 1.3J. I'm leaning more towards the Picanto, just afraid that it may consume more gas as compared to my current avanza, knowing that it's automatic and consumes more gas than the likes of spark and i10. Thanks for replying to my query.

Cheers ^_^
    If you really want to save gas that badly... you'll probably better off with a M/T car.

BTW, have you thought about Auto-LPG conversion to save on the cost of fuel?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Cheers ^_^
    i see.
    what's your plan- are you going to replace your avanza and get a lower displacement car for fuel savings? I will agree with gh, get a small car in MT. I think small AT cars (of any brand) are not actually that fuel efficient compared to their manual versions.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If FC is your primary concern, you should be looking at the Celerio. In MT form, it's more efficient than the Picanto or Spark.

However, if budget isn't too tight, why not take a look at the Vios J or E, or the Mazda 2 1.3S. These are both bigger cars that have fuel efficiency that can rival those minicars. Less features, yes, pero madali na idagdag yun. But you can't just buy extra space or a faster engine, which is why I'd prefer a barebones subcompact over a loaded minicar.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If FC is your primary concern, you should be looking at the Celerio. In MT form, it's more efficient than the Picanto or Spark.

However, if budget isn't too tight, why not take a look at the Vios J or E, or the Mazda 2 1.3S. These are both bigger cars that have fuel efficiency that can rival those minicars. Less features, yes, pero madali na idagdag yun. But you can't just buy extra space or a faster engine, which is why I'd prefer a barebones subcompact over a loaded minicar.
    but TS already has a 1.3L car (avanza).. for me, I would keep that instead of getting another car with same engine size.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, i've talked to guys who own picantos... di daw ganung kaganda ang FC nya... in fact, my 1.1 getz has a better FC than my friend's pica.

tama yung suggestion to look into the celerio... lupet ng fc nyan.... another friend who owns one, went to pagudpod, may sobra pa daw ng onti yung full tank nya...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast