New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Maski nga motor hindi kaya yung 112km/L eh, kotse pa kaya.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Interesting discussions. Futek, 112km/L? asan na ang ganyan at pa test drive nga!! hahaha

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you value economy, pinakamaganda talaga ang manual/diesel combination. And then you are fueling up with much cheaper diesel fuel pa, so mas lalong nakakatipid. Kahit na mas mataas pa ang consumption ng diesel vehicle, it makes up with the lower pesos/liter price. So much so that I believe the fuel expenses for an Accent CRDi would not be far off from that of a Suzuki Alto ran in the same traffic conditions with the same driving style.

Based on my experience, I find diesel M/T's far more easier to drive as compared to a gasoline M/T. It would seem that the abundance of low end torque reduces it's tendency to stall, and hanging is a breeze as you do not have to be that careful with the "timpla".

I believe the Crosswind A/T is the most practical choice for you. It may not be very economical, but then it's a diesel so its still not much of a big deal. The part I value most is the high ground clearance, durable underpinnings, low maintenance cost, and bigger passenger capacity. I believe that if you follow the maintenance schedule religiously, the smoke problem wouldn't be an issue to you. Just make sure everything is always clean and if that doesn't work, have it calibrated. Not a big deal really. And then, the Crosswind is the only old school (low maintenance) diesel AUV with an A/T available. However, if you don't mind not having the A/T, the diesel Revo is actually a better choice, as it has a much lesser tendency to smoke, though it is not as economical as the Crosswind (I get around 7-8 city, 10-12 highway).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's about the same as the Crosswind AT. The engine may be efficient, but not so when stuck with the lousy automatic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow, alien technology! 112 kilometers per liter, habang nahuhulog sa bangin.

interesting ang eon.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Naka GT Oil yan. Alien eh.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by butchik View Post
    Interesting discussions. Futek, 112km/L? asan na ang ganyan at pa test drive nga!! hahaha
    I'd believe this 112km/L of FC if the car they used was a prius with a modified Hybrid system (to only use electricity even at above 50MPH)...

the 2012 prius current FC (values in US measurement) 4.7 L/100 km; 60 mpg (hindi ko alam conversion ng MPG to km/L)

Try the VIOS 1.5G A/T...economical siya...pero mas eco ang M/T

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Baka hila hila ng towing truck...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    112km/li!!!!! oh common... cut my neck!

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy833 View Post
    I'd believe this 112km/L of FC if the car they used was a prius with a modified Hybrid system (to only use electricity even at above 50MPH)...

the 2012 prius current FC (values in US measurement) 4.7 L/100 km; 60 mpg (hindi ko alam conversion ng MPG to km/L)

Try the VIOS 1.5G A/T...economical siya...pero mas eco ang M/T
    Yun 60MPG is equivalent to about 25.5km/L. Pure city driving ba yan? Expect that to drop further in Philippine traffic conditions. Dun sa 112km/L... Baka 112MPG yan? Which might still be very remotely possible (approx 47.6km/L). O baka naman 12km/L yan at napadiin lang dun sa "1" at dumoble? :rofl:

I would suggest against getting extremely fuel efficient but dimunitive micro hatches since the small size might make you very uncomfortable especially if you're rather tall, you'd get bullied in the major roads and highways, and the large potholes and frequent flashfloods common in Metro Manila would be very inconvenient for you and deadly for your car.