New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Guys;

These two cars intrigue me, i really wanna know the comparison of the two,
    the power and its FC specially it would really help if a member who owns this cars would contribute here..

Wag napo natin isali ang resale value, just to avoid debates...

Reason for asking comparison is: I own 2008 Mazda 3 1.6s and its FC is not good to my wallet so guys please help a curious person..

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    get the Hyundai. my family are satisfied owners of 3 Hyundai vehicles. 1 of 'em is the getz crdi. even if I drive a bigger Hyundai Sta Fe, parang ni-look forward ko pa din paminsan-minsan hiramin sa kapatid ko yun getz.

currently, I only have two choices if i'm to buy a 3rd daily AT mini-car for the wife as well as yun occassional trips ko sa Binondo. the New Honda Jazz 2009 and this i10.
    sa Binondo pala, andami young filchinese siguro dun either naka-swift, yaris or getz. yun parati nakikita ko nakaparada sa side roads. since ina-idol ko mga young fil-chinese entreps, there choices in cars must be really really practical.

the Kia well it's good naman siguro, kaya lang parang natubuan ka na ng almost 100%, since sabi 325K lang daw ito noon.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    get the Hyundai. my family are satisfied owners of 3 Hyundai vehicles. 1 of 'em is the getz crdi. even if I drive a bigger Hyundai Sta Fe, parang ni-look forward ko pa din paminsan-minsan hiramin sa kapatid ko yun getz.

currently, I only have two choices if i'm to buy a 3rd daily AT mini-car for the wife as well as yun occassional trips ko sa Binondo. the New Honda Jazz 2009 and this i10.
    sa Binondo pala, andami young filchinese siguro dun either naka-swift, yaris or getz. yun parati nakikita ko nakaparada sa side roads. since ina-idol ko mga young fil-chinese entreps, there choices in cars must be really really practical.

the Kia well it's good naman siguro, kaya lang parang natubuan ka na ng almost 100%, since sabi 325K lang daw ito noon.
    okay sir point taken po..yeah nong 2005 nasa 415k lang ang pagkakatanda kosa picanto...how about the fuel consumption of i10 sir?

meron dito sa thread na nagsasabi 8kms per liter daw...mazda ko kase ganun na ang FC nya e..

actually i trust kia and hyundai that's why they are my choice in getting a second car..dapat AT kase di ako marunong mag manual

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    yun sa i10 thread kasi with the 8km/liter naka-AT daw. maybe the owner has heavy foot that's why.

you can still follow tipid tips on using AT. just dont make sudden rpm above 2000k, dapat gradual acceleration pero pag nasa 5 na, it's ok na kahit sumobra ka. i do that with the Santa Fe, and I can reach 9km/liter, all-city.

the other i10 owner there with the M/T computed 13.8km/liter. i think's that's reasonable na on city and stop ang go traffic. from his title, he lives in Taytay so alam mo naman Ortigas ext. the 13.8km/liter is like a miracle there na.

sa tantsa ko lang ha, the i10 AT will only fall average of 10km/liter on bumper to bumper but strictly following tipid tips. kasi underpowered ang engine, hirap then A/T pa. the i10 body is not exactly aero-dynamic like the getz or other sedan cars.

regarding Kia, wala talaga ako alam. but i see a lot of yuppies here in the ortigas area nag joyride sa mga picantos (4-5 people in 1 picanto) during night time. looks like it's a fun car too but old model.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Sir I really think you're right nin saying that i10 is under power, i remember a SA of hyundai otis(will not mention the name) told me when i drove test the AT i10 (can't drive manual cars, dont know how) that the i10's FC is somewhere 15 to 16 kms/ liter..

I almost reach my pocket and give the initial downpayment..buti nalang nag antay ako ng mga FR..coz if i didn't?..it would be my secodn stupid mistake..listening to SA not on the people who actually owned the unit..

My Mazda 3 since its odo reading is 1k+, it now consumes somewhere from 9 to 10 kms per liter..

i read someweher that picanto AT hs better fc...though more pricey...i think i'll reconsider...but still i'll have to wait for owner's field report on it's fuel consumption

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post

you're right...nung unang labas ng picanto ganyan lang ang price range...just out of curiousity..how does a picanto cost now??!!

Mas mahal na actually ang i10 A/T * 558K (with driver's airbag). AFAIK, the facelifted Picanto is at 550K. Puro brochure prices yan, so it's possible to get them cheaper with discounts.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Mas mahal na actually ang i10 A/T * 558K (with driver's airbag). AFAIK, the facelifted Picanto is at 550K. Puro brochure prices yan, so it's possible to get them cheaper with discounts.

sir actually mas mahal po ang picanto 610K po ang MSRP nya, siempre if you buy it cash may discount justlike the i10 whichi is 558K (with airbag) but siempre me discount padin if purchased by cash

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas mahal ang Pica AT at 610K. Actually, even the Pica MT is more expensive than the i10 AT which is just 558K compared with Pica MT at 560K.

Plus the new batches of i10 AT has driver's airbag na din, plus 2 DIN CD/MP3/i-pod aux stereo, passenger seat undertray, 60/40 split fold rear seats with adjustable headrest, keyless entry alarm system, foglights, all power windows etc na karamihan ay di available sa Picanto. To top it off, although halos same lang ang dimensions nila, mas roomier ang i10 sa Picanto and the i10 AT is even lighter than the Picanto MT!
    Very amazing talaga ang ginawa ng Hyundai sa i10.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas mahal ang Pica AT at 610K. Actually, even the Pica MT is more expensive than the i10 AT which is just 558K compared with Pica MT at 560K.

Plus the new batches of i10 AT has driver's airbag na din, plus 2 DIN CD/MP3/i-pod aux stereo, passenger seat undertray, 60/40 split fold rear seats with adjustable headrest, keyless entry alarm system, foglights, all power windows etc na karamihan ay di available sa Picanto. To top it off, although halos same lang ang dimensions nila, mas roomier ang i10 sa Picanto and the i10 AT is even lighter than the Picanto MT!
    Very amazing talaga ang ginawa ng Hyundai sa i10.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Picant AT vs i10 AT