New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Help mga gurus. i'm panning to upgrade to a reliable SUV in terms of maintenance, FC and availability of parts is concern,

thank you in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two and 1 yr lang difference sa fieldmaster ako

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Agree with bro.shadow.

Kung 1 year lang ang difference and this assumes that mileages are about the same, then Pajero FM....
    14.8K:cow:

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd go for the Fortuner 3.0 D4D.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    fm for me ........... parang di na luluma ang style kahit itapat sa mga newer model suv di ka mapapa hiya

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    thank you mga sir!

for the looks ok talaga FM classic! ung fortuner modelo nmn...pero what about sa maintenance mga sir?
    and which one got more space, leg room and stuff..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    are you looking at the 4x2 model or the 4x4 model for either vehicle?

interior space will not be different between the 4x2 and the 4x4 model but maintenance cost might be

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas gwapo FM than fortuner...wannabe SUV fortuner made for wannabe Americans...mga asians...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Pajero FM is still designed as a workhorse in other markets. Compared with the Fortuner, it has more underbody protection (skidplates), the spare tire is mounted high up out of harm's way, etc.

Eariler Pajeros also used a dual fanbelt system for essential engine components (e.g. waterpump) so should one belt snap, the thing will just keep on going. Not sure about the Field Master but this was never offered in the Fortuner.

So far, there are lots of parts for the FM. Even the front fender signal lamps are just Lancer parts. Lots of the interior switchgear are also 'generic' Mitsubishi parts used in other cars.

4x2 vs. 4x4, the only added parts are the transfer case and front axle which just require an annual oil change. So long as you don't bash the 4x4 off-road, they don't break down often aside from a seal or two needing a replacement every decade or so.

Btw, we are selling a 1999 unit. Automatic, 4x4 model. Needs some leatherwork, otherwise, nothing to fix already.

Nothing against the Fortuner, but the Field Master is in a totally different league and was made in a totally different time.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Wow! thank you for all the needed info mga sir! the best talaga kayo...
    anyways i'm planning to search/find a FM '03 to '05 4x2 sana,,,

wish me luck mga Gurus!!!

at sir otep PM sent sir...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pajero FM 05 or Fortuner 06-07