New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi Tsikot members!

Need your advise on what car to buy. I was reading all the threads about the Optra, Lancer MX and Honda civic and I found it very difficult to decide which among the 3 that I've mentioned above would be a great buy for 2nd hand car. I am currently driving Honda LXi '96 model and I would like to upgrade, actually this is not mine but my dad. This would be the first time for me to buy a car out of my hard earned money. So please I really need advise which is better to purchase among the three cars I have mentioned in terms of performance, quality, maintenace and other factors. I'm considering the Optra but is it really worth it? Seems like that it is really cheap considering all power functions and great interiors but my worry is the maintenance. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    The Civic would be the best bet among your choices, the Lancer has suspension issues which is normally a weak point of Mitsubishi cars. Avoid the Optra like a plague, its a really a very lousy car. Why not include the Toyota Altis among your choices? Had one before(2002), and it didn't give me any headache till the day I sold it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    +1 on the Altis

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sir mejo lakas po sa gas yung Optra.

Agree po ako dun sa Altis.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, if you dont mind... magkano po budget?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    1. Altis
    2. Civic
    3. MX
    4. Optra

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Previously owned a 2002 civic vtis and my commander had a 02 Altis.

Between the 2, get the Altis it is one reliable car. Tipid pa sa gas

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thank you for your inputs..luckily I was not able to get the Optra. Right now still waiting for the right car for me. I already removed Optra from my choices and stick with Honda and MX. With regards to Altis, I will try to consider also based from your comments above.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whatever you get, check the condition carefully. Altises can suffer from blown shocks, depending on where the previous owner drove and how many kilometers are on the clock.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thanks for your post, im also having the same problem, but i am actually considering a nissan grandeur vs an optra... im having a real hard time deciding since i am not a car enthusiast and this will be my first time to purchase a car,,, di po ba talaga ok ang optra? coz i really like how it looks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Optra '04 vs Civic VTI '01 vs Lancer MX '02