New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Strada has the most comfortable 2nd row seat naka recline kasi not like other pick ups and even ranger their 2nd row seats are upright position not good for long drive for the 2nd row passengers, yung nga lang it has the smallest bed and I dont need large bed anyway.

Strada owner here btw and I've tested its offroad capability.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Ranger 3.2 TDCi ABSOLUTELY

Forget about the other pickup with the old year 1986 model 4D56 engine....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ^The engine of the Strada is so much better? Do you mean when compared to the 2.2L Ranger?

I personally find the Strada's engine rather loud, with heavy vibration for a modern commonrail engine, and horrid turbo lag for something that's not supposed to be having any. It does give good power though, as long as you keep it above 2000rpm. So far we observe 6-7km/L pure city driving and around 8.5km/L mixed city/highway.
    YUP, even with the VGT Strada, you have to keep the rpm singing at 2000 rpm and up, especially when hillclimbing and hauling.... May turbo lag mga yan chief at malamya below 2000 rpm, just like the Navaras with the 403 Nm torque. One of the Spanish guys i know who owned a Navara before sold it and change it for a Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D for the same reason ;)

The paper spec on those smaller diesel engines with VGTs are good but once you get the seat-of-pants feel on them and then kargahan mo na sila, tapos akyatan, it's a different story. The 3.0-litre CRDi will outperform them in hauling, top-towing, in climbing and in climbing in slippery ascents where you need to have to be somehow at low-revs to easily make it through. Beside, with the 3.0 litre diesel, whether you are at 1400 rpm and up they can haul, and even when you're at, say, >3000 rpm then relaxing the accelerator pedal to even below 2000 rpm, they will still haul and climb up because of their long torque distribution along the rev-range.
    ....Not so with the 2.5-litre that we have currently in Pinas even those with the VGTs, that you have to keep them "on the pipe" at upper rpms in doing these tasks.... And then they tend to consume more fuel as you keep them "on the pipe" at right but upper rpms. Magagaling naman silang mga 2.5 VGT kung "bilis-sa-patag" usapan, pero hanggang doon lang that you cannot actually label them as versatile utility pickup.... ;)

Cheers!

Last edited by d_mac; July 17th, 2013 at 02:59 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    ^The engine of the Strada is so much better? Do you mean when compared to the 2.2L Ranger?

I personally find the Strada's engine rather loud, with heavy vibration for a modern commonrail engine, and horrid turbo lag for something that's not supposed to be having any. It does give good power though, as long as you keep it above 2000rpm. So far we observe 6-7km/L pure city driving and around 8.5km/L mixed city/highway.
    Boss GTi,

This message was just PM'ed to me by an Australian friend of mine who is into civil construction and earthworks contracting. He owns a company in Australia.

Copy and paste en toto:

"Hi mate, I almost forgot, the Nissan Navara in the pic is an 08 model 4 cylinder. I wouldn't recommend Navaras mate, we have nothing but problems with the 4 we have. The Dmax, Hilux are most reliable, and of course my favourite Volkswagen amarok.... I just wish it had slightly more power. We have bought 3 new Holden colorados and everyone seems to like them. cheers mate!"

....And we all know how Australians rough-handle their pickups ---- you see there that he is even somewhat aware of the lack of punch of the Amarok twin-turbo 2.0 TDCi even if promises 400 Nm of torque hehe ;) ;).... In fact, he finds the "hood-scoop" D-max 3.0 iTEQ VGS Turbo and Hilux 3.0 D-4D as the most reliable service pickups he has had through the years....

Cheers na rin chief :D

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Its been awhile since you've last made your presence known.

You're right. But the Strada still does make for a good highway cruiser. 1986 engine or not. I enjoyed thrashing it! Fuel consumption gets rather high though. Can go down to 6km/L with lots of thrashing.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tho im a ford ranger convert, I have to agree with dmac. Power should be there when you need it. In this case it should be at the lowest possible rev range.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Grabe pahirapan makakuha ng wildtrak na automatic based sa mga pinag inquire namin the higher the Dealers Incentive siya ang makaka una sa unit which is 12% no way na magbibigay kami ng additional na 100k for that thing and based sa dealer LTO, INsurance and mortgage even hood insulator are not included. and if you are not willing to pay for the 12% D.I. maghihintay daw kami ng mga 6 months para mabigyan ng unit . looking forward to add Chevy Colorado on my list but i'm just worrying about sa maintenance and parts ng chevy sabi kasi nila kasi expensive and masmahirap makakita ng parts ng Chevy compare sa Ford

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Which one is a better pick up car Mitsubishi Strada Sport V or Ford WildTrak Ranger?