New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Yes, if you're stupid enough going to get an "abused" car.
    With 15 years, it might be hard to see different signs of abuse from the normal wear & tear.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    when it comes to buying used cars, majority of us are "stupid enough"..

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    How about 01 Sentra Exalta STA vs 01 Corolla GLI?

BTT: I'd go for the Sentra, Why? Since you can get the Sentra at a cheaper price, you can use the money you save to fix any issues that might appear after purchase. +-15y/o na kasi ang mga iyan, so expect the worst.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    for me mas ok ang corolla gli. sentra kasi mahal ang parts at mahirap gawin ang mga sensor. pati pag timing mahirap. mahina din sa arangkada. ang gli nman mura na mga parts madali pa hanapin at hindi pa sirain. lakas pa humatak. mas tipid nga lang ng konti sa gas ang sentra basta nkatiming mabuti. base sa mga naging tsikot ko. 1. sentra series3 ex saloon 2. series 4 super saloon. corolla xl, and two gli corolla. thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by amcrg View Post
    for me mas ok ang corolla gli. sentra kasi mahal ang parts at mahirap gawin ang mga sensor. pati pag timing mahirap. mahina din sa arangkada. ang gli nman mura na mga parts madali pa hanapin at hindi pa sirain. lakas pa humatak. mas tipid nga lang ng konti sa gas ang sentra basta nkatiming mabuti. base sa mga naging tsikot ko. 1. sentra series3 ex saloon 2. series 4 super saloon. corolla xl, and two gli corolla. thanks!

For Sentra... buying a Sentra is cheaper than a Corolla, hence you can buy a NEWER Sentra for the same money for an older Corolla. Or you can save money buying the same year model.

Parts, as easy as the nearest surplus shop in Banawe. New replacement parts are also available at reasonable prices.

Sentra series4?? Do you mean the 1999-2000 Exalta units? If yes, it is confirmed that parts for that particular model are hard to find because they used very specific body parts like the headlights, bumper, etc. but mechanically they are the same as the series 3 (b14) units that came before.

Timing? Maybe you didn't do it right, you have to disable the ecu first before you adjust the ignition timing, just like most modern cars.

Engine power? It is par with Corollas in peak power but Sentra tend to be faster than Corollas for the early 90s models. Tuning the engine well, it will give the same fuel mileage for both sentra and corolla.

My sentra/corolla background:
    1992 Sentra ECCS 1.6L Super Saloon (purchased new)
    1996 Sentra Super Touring 1.6L (purchased 2nd hand in 2006)
    1999 Corolla GLi 1.6L (purchased new / currently still in use)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hey! can we include Honda Civic? power, fuel-efficiency, cabin comfort..
    this car rocks, although mataas ang populasyon ng honda,

kung sentra or gli, I go for Gli,...

pero syempre dun pa rin ako sa may VTEC...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
nissan sentra S3 or toyota corolla gli