New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vote ko sa Navara, pero pinakamaganda sa lahat ng pick up sa balat ng lupa un Dmax

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung hindi pwede sa Ranger, I'd suggest you check out its equally good twin, the Mazda BT50. You can go for the 3.2L inline 5 4x4 A/T variant, of which the Ranger's is not yet officially available. Or, if you find the looks not to your liking, there is the Chevy Colorado.

Since you are referring to the 4x4 A/T Hilux, then it comes with the 163ps 3.0D4D engine, which is very strong. The weak engine you are speaking of is the 102ps 2.5L non-intercooled D4D used in the base variants. The 2.2L Ranger 4x2's engine is actually weaker than the Hilux 3.0, its heavier weight making this even more noticeable.

By the way, matic lang ba ang hanap mo? Since you are mostly running highway and provincial roads, manuals would give you better gas mileage and performance and still not strain you too much due to heavy traffic.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    if i were to rank ALL the pickups in the market... i would do it like this...

1. santa fe - best pickup in the market
    2. dmax - most comfortable, walang katagtag-tagtag... kahit lubak lubak ang road, di mo mafifeel... parang nakasakay ka sa bulak... super safe pa... iyoutube mo ang ancap rating nito...
    3. hilux - toyota eh... best in the world kung walang santa fe at dmax...
    4. tatlo lang ang pickup sa buong mundo... yung tatlong nasa taas... wala na... yung iba, sedan sila, nagpapanggap lang...

hope to help...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Santa Fe? Pick up?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dualsim View Post

2. dmax - most comfortable, walang katagtag-tagtag... kahit lubak lubak ang road, di mo mafifeel... parang nakasakay ka sa bulak... super safe pa... iyoutube mo ang ancap rating nito...
    4. tatlo lang ang pickup sa buong mundo... yung tatlong nasa taas... wala na... yung iba, sedan sila, nagpapanggap lang...

hope to help...

good morning (again) sir dualsim... hehehe, this time tapos na akong mag- kape! wala akong dalang pamalit ng polo eh...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012

hope to help...

Hindi naman po pick up ang santa fe. SUV yun eh. Regarding sa hilux, hindi po maganda ang ride niya.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011

hope to help...

re. dmax---- nakasakay na ako sa likod sa Latest model ng dmax.... ITO lang ang masasabi ko... natatagtagan ako.... ito agad ang napancin ko sa D-max
    kung mostly long drives ang byahe mo i dont prefer using the d-max... but its just me....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    kung mostly city at soft offroad lang naman, i guess ok na un Navara para syo..sundin mo puso mo

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    agree with this. may colorado at bt-50 pa although pang SUV na ang price. hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    What exactly are you hauling anyway? And do you need 4x4? A 4x2 SUV might actually be of better use to you. 2nd row would be much more spacious and comfortable than pretty much any pickup in the market and the ride wouldn't be bouncy when the rear is unloaded. They are just as sturdy as their pickup counterparts as well. The 2.5L variants of the Trailblazer and Everest come to mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Nissan Navara vs. toyota hilux, vs ford ranger