New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stantheman View Post
    Ecosport is also having transmission issues due to the dry clutch... does the duke have a transmission issue as well?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    From the feedback given by dozens of Ecosport owners in FCP, the Ecosport doesn't have the same issues that plagued the first batches of Fiestas (TCM/PCM failure).

If anything, the DCT is jerky in stop-and-go traffic. That's not an issue per se, but an inherent characteristic of most dual clutch transmissions.

On the other hand, the Juke has an awful rubberband effect that you feel when you floor the pedal to accelerate - it just revs up but the power delivery is delayed and dulls down the driving fun. This is a problem shared with most CVTs.

So you pick - jerky in traffic but very quick response vs. very smooth but lifeless and boring. Most people prefer the latter since majority of people use cars as appliances - machines that take them from point A to point B in the most comfortable manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Lifeless and boring is too much for a description... i dont think you are describing the ecosport.... hahahaha...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hugobo View Post
    Greetings! I am planning to replace my wife's 2010 Toyota Altis and i am torn between this two sub-compact suvs (juke and ecosport). I am based in the visayas and has just transferred to a subdivision with unpaved roads, naaawa ako sa altis

I would greatly appreciate all the inputs that You can share here. Why only the juke and ecosport? Eto lang po ang pasok sa budget considering that this will be just for wify( happy wife, happy life chevy traxx is out, had my own share of horror stories re chevys, honda hrv is way out of my budget, mazda cx3 is yet to be introduced in the market and i doubt if mazda will sell it near the price of ford ecosport and the juke.
    meron bang particular horror story sa chevy trax? balak ko kasi ito kunin.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    In the looks department, if you want to remain "low key", go with the Ecosport. If you want people to notice, go with the Juke. Personally, I'd go with the Juke. It is CVT, & I don't think the styling will growl old for the next 5 years. It is the looks for things to come.
    any news kung kelan dating nissan kicks?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't like the ATs on either car. Thankfully, the EcoSport Trend variant is available with an MT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^ Sir, can you tell us why? Specifically for the Juke. Because I was expecting Altima or Sylphy smoothness for its transmission.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    ^ Sir, can you tell us why? Specifically for the Juke. Because I was expecting Altima or Sylphy smoothness for its transmission.

It's smooth enough, but a 1.6 AT in a car that weighs 1.3 tons is not going to go anywhere fast.

It's like driving a 1.6 Focus. Nice around corners, but it takes an excruciatingly long time to get there.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's smooth enough, but a 1.6 AT in a car that weighs 1.3 tons is not going to go anywhere fast.

It's like driving a 1.6 Focus. Nice around corners, but it takes an excruciatingly long time to get there.
    Thank goodness, Ford finally ditched that 1.6L engine in the Focus.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ignore the advice of the speed demons here regarding the transmission ...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Ignore the advice of the speed demons here regarding the transmission ...
    Hehe. The only time I ever drove the EcoSport at anything above the speed limit was when we covered a Mustang trackday. There, it does fine, but it's in traffic where it shows its weaknesses.

The Nissan, I never actually drove fast. Stuck to 80 km/h on the highway when I had it. The sluggishness isn't actually as big a deal at high speed, anyway... it's when you're crawling from a stop that it feels heavy and unresponsive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast