New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    2006 Mitsubishi Pajero CK 3.8 V6 108T kms 550T
    2012 Subaru Forester 2.0 50T kms 620T

For use as a work vehicle going to farm areas with seasonal muddy roads ... just light offroading ... 300-500 kms weekly drive ... 20% city drive, 70% highway, 10% farm roads ...

How is the driving dynamics of the Pajero CK on road? ... How is the highway fuel consumption of the 3.8 liter V6? ... the main concern with the Subaru Forester is the maintenance cost and the parts availability ...

What do you think guys (and gals)? ...
    Last edited by Walter; April 6th, 2017 at 05:31 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Not really a fan of bringing CUVs for light off roading, especially the fozzie. Suspension parts are abit expensive from the casa and you'd end up with a sagging rear if you go for KYBs although fusion R might have a solution for it.. I'd rather go with PPVs.

I hope you find other options aside from these two. Neighbor was selling me a 2006 fort previously owned by an expat for 600ish.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gas lang ba talaga ang gusto? Meron na sigurong Everest 3.04x4 for 600+k.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Not fond of the looks of previous gen Ford Everest ... will get the Subaru Forester SH ... better handling and driving dynamics ... 90% of the time is on road ... will just thread lightly off road ... they're paved roads ... that get damaged during rainy season ...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suppose the Everest is somewhat of an acquired taste in the looks department. Olx tells me that the Montero 3.2 also fits your budget though. Since you mentioned that this would be a workhorse vehicle, IMHO a more common model ladder frame vehicle with lots of spare parts and widespread mechanic familiarity would be more ideal.

It looks like you have your heart set on the Forester already. The 2.0 NA only has 150hp though, and permanent AWD means unremarkable FC with the so-so engine performance. Perhaps you can find an XT. If you keep a light foot on the gas, FC should not be far off and you get loads of power on tap.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Diesel SUVs / PPVs do not have good value when buying used ... they have high resale values so there's not much depreciation ... Planning to get a Ford Everest, the Subaru Forester is just an interim vehicle while waiting ... Also considering the Mazda CX-5 but there's the transmission failure issue that's hounding it ...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    When I looked at the Forester ads in Olx, I noticed that the market price for the 2.0X and 2.5XT are almost the same! Did you see this one? 21 Subaru Forester XT turbo variant for sale | *******

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How much do you love replacing head gaskets?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    How much do you love replacing head gaskets?
    I doubt anyone loves doing it as much as you do.

But the Pajero gets my vote. The 3.8L should give you around 8km/L given the conditions described.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I doubt anyone loves doing it as much as you do.

But the Pajero gets my vote. The 3.8L should give you around 8km/L given the conditions described.
    Hey, never done it twice on the same car... erh... okay... on the last Sentra twice, but different engines.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast