New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19
    napapansin ko lang pala, madalang na ang Honda CRV sa daan ah. what can you say guys?

tingin ko fuel consumption and pricing ang factor bakit ganito.
    Tama. Kung tutuusin kasi mas marami pang features yung GLS 2WD na Tucson sa base model na CR-V. Tapos mas mahal ng almost 200K yung CR-V.

Hindi rin masyado sa FC. Kasi kahit naman yung Tucson Theta II 2WD nakaka 6km/L sa city drive. hehe
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; September 27th, 2010 at 10:41 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    dami na kasi lumabas na bagong CUV, which has a better fc, better features, better performance and at the same price or even cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better features, yes, better performance, yes... but few can match the fuel economy of the CR-V 2.0... and even fewer can match the interior space. ;)

Still... perception is everything in this market... and the perception of the CR-V is that it's a bit old compared to the rest of the market.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    but few can match the fuel economy of the CR-V 2.0... and even fewer can match the interior space.
    Agree. IMHO CR-V yung pinaka maluwag sa mga CUV ngayon.

Diba yan lang ang pwede i-slide ang 2nd row seats. At pwede i-recline.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Better features, yes, better performance, yes... but few can match the fuel economy of the CR-V 2.0... and even fewer can match the interior space. ;)

Still... perception is everything in this market... and the perception of the CR-V is that it's a bit old compared to the rest of the market.
    i was thinking about the diesel CUV's like the tucson, does the cr-v's fc is still better than the tucson?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hindi naman pwede i-compare kasi Diesel, bro.

If both gas, mas matipid parin yung CR-V.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hindi naman pwede i-compare kasi Diesel, bro.

If both gas, mas matipid parin yung CR-V.
    true, pero since dami lumalabas na CUV with diesel engines naging reason din yon kaya bumaba sales ng cr-v since diesel engines has better fc and cheaper fuel.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The thing hurting the CR-V is the really cheap Tucson 2.0 and the relatively cheap Montero 2.5... the Tucson undercuts the base CR-V (which sells much better than the 2.4) by a lot and the Montero offers much more metal for the money, while being much more refined than the Fort or Eve... to the point that people actually cross-shop it against the CR-V and other unibody crossovers.

The old Tucson CRDi and Sportage CRDi did eat a little into sales, but they were niche players. The new Tucson CRDi is very expensive... so it's not going to be a huge driver of sales. I wish Hyundai would release an old-gen CRDi (the old 118 hp engine) in the new body in 2WD... they could probably price it very low and still sell tons of them.

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    i was thinking about the diesel CUV's like the tucson, does the cr-v's fc is still better than the tucson?
    Around the same, I think... the CR-V might be more economical in traffic (haven't had both on the same route, so I can't say for certain)... but since local diesel is so cheap and the new Tucson CRDi is so powerful, it's not a valid comparison... the Tucson provides even more performance than the 2.4 liter CR-V.
    Last edited by niky; September 27th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO bumaba lang sales ng CUV dahil sa TUCSON!!! Mitsubishi no match sa CRV dati with their Outlander, Toyota no match with their RAV4. And don't even mention Ford/Mazda's Escape and Tribute. Even Subaru no match with the Forester. Tucson lang talaga tumalo sa CRV!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by legend2destiny View Post
    I've ridden both:

FC - Probably same but some say CRV averages 5km/L, Fortuner 2.7Gas about 6-7Km/L
    Parang Expedition na consumption ng CRV if this were true, I think exaggerated yun figure na yan. Xtrail ko the lowest is 5.6km/L but 50% nun driver gumamit. If i'm driving, I average around 6.6km/L pure city driving. Fortuner is fuel efficient already relative to its engine displacement.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
New Toyota Fortuner or New Honda CRV