New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    Accent CRDI because race car yooo! (gangsta tone)

*topic, Explorer because the design looks more upscale for me...
    Hahaha, natawa ako sa basagan ng trip dito. Pero so far ang pinakasensible na post dito e yung kay Niky.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    I think we should change the title of the thread.

Accent vs Exp.... ( pwedeng Explorer or Expedition )
    bakit naman, na oout of place ba si new mexico?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    sadly more than half of the people who will read your post would never understand what you just said, pipilitin pa din nila na mas mabilis at mas malakas ang mga kotse nila.:bwahaha:
    I agree with you *Foresterx... daming tao na ganun ang attitude.. pipilitin nila na mas mabilis at mas malakas ang kotse nila..

*niky.. Are we talking about the accent diesel taxis... So sa recta na, maiiwanan na siya..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Explorer are for those who got 2.6M to burn while SF are for those who are short of 300K.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    I agree with you *Foresterx... daming tao na ganun ang attitude.. pipilitin nila na mas mabilis at mas malakas ang kotse nila..

*niky.. Are we talking about the accent diesel taxis... So sa recta na, maiiwanan na siya..

i have an accent crdi. its true. its accelerate from standstill like rocket but pass 120kph bagal na mag gain ng speed. comparing this to my carens i'd say my continues ang power delivery and acceleration ng carens from standstill to 180kph.

but i choose the new sta fe mainly for power. overall sa explorer ako.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    i have an accent crdi. its true. its accelerate from standstill like rocket but pass 120kph bagal na mag gain ng speed. comparing this to my carens i'd say my continues ang power delivery and acceleration ng carens from standstill to 180kph.

but i choose the new sta fe mainly for power. overall sa explorer ako.
    sta fe for power? you believe what pop3corn says? the explorer is speed limited to 180kph but it will get to 180kph faster than the sta fe. a lot of cars can reach 180-220kph but the question is how long will it take to get there. anyway cars like these aren't made to go fast. doesn't really matter which is faster what matters for these kinds of cars is the comfort, space and luxury. as long as the power is enough for the weight of the car that's good enough for me. if you want a powerful car get a real sports car. bragging about the power explorer/sta fe/accent is like saying i'm the best athelete in the special olympics.:bwahaha:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I agree to what foresterx stated above. The comparison is all about comfort and value of a proven diesel crossover against a renewed version of the classic US midsize SUV. These vehicles are not meant to go fast. I am not sure how the Accent went into the discussion as it is not an SUV nor even have the space and comfort of the other two vehicles. If you want a fast car, go get something meant to do just that (BMW M3/M5, Merc SL63 AMG, Audi RS4/RS6, Nissan GT-R, Mitsu Evo, Subie Impreza STi, or some other exotics). If you want a daily driver midsize car with space but with enough power and good performance, the Subie Legacy GT wagon will be the best fit. As for a fast SUV, maybe a supercharged Range Rover Sport but you could buy a Ford Explorer and a Hyundai Sta Fe and still has some change with its price.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Given that you already considered the Explorer, you are already aware that it consumes more than the Santa Fe and has probably more expensive maintenance than the SF.

So dun ako sa Explorer. Who cares if it doesn't accelerate to 220kph fast enough, laglag panty naman mga girls.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Given that you already considered the Explorer, you are already aware that it consumes more than the Santa Fe and has probably more expensive maintenance than the SF.

So dun ako sa Explorer. Who cares if it doesn't accelerate to 220kph fast enough, laglag panty naman mga girls.

it won't go to 220kph because it's limited to 180kph but it will get there much faster than most cars on the road we see daily.

anyway the sta fe is the more practical choice since it will be cheaper to use and maintain in the long run compared to the explorer. that said i'd still choose the explorer over the sta fe since there will be less explorer on the road compared to sta fe plus the explorer has more features to play with. interior of the explorer is also bigger and from reviews that i've read on another forum the explorer's ride is better. all i know is if you're choosing between new sta fe and the explorer no matter what you end up buying you won't regret it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I wonder when will Ford get to put their TDCi engines into their SUV models. A more powerful version (maybe 3.0L) of their Ranger powerplant might be just be something worth a try.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast