New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm not trying to say the thread-starter's friend is "spoiled." I'm just sharing what I've observed and suggesting alternatives accordingly.

I have a couple of colleagues at work who initially brought cars. They eventually found the exercise a little too heavy on their wallets, because they had to pay for gasoline, parking and contend with the hassle of driving.

This is why if the TS's friend wants to drive to work that badly, he/she should consider his/her means first. A Camry 3.5Q is no joke when it comes to fuel expense; even after working for a few years I'd hate the prospect of feeding such a car with premium unleaded. Driving such a huge car all by your lonesome is also a questionable exercise in Manila traffic IMO.

As I said if the aim is just to have personal transportation, an SX8 City or AE92/AE101 Corolla will fit the bill very nicely...at less expense.

If the TS's friend has parents who are willing to foot the gas bill and the insurance, well then go ahead with the Camry or what-have-you.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Friend lang ba talaga o kayo na?

hahaha.
    daming intrigador sa tsikot.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    "Friend" ba talaga o baka ikaw mismo yan?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by laracroft View Post
    Friend lang ba talaga o kayo na?

hahaha.
    daming intrigador sa tsikot.
    :rofl: Ginawan agad ng issue.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    My suggestion from your list? None. The Camry is a good car and so are the Benz but as mentioned earlier, your friend hasn't passed the bar yet. Yes, this is a car forum but we also keep a keen eye on values as we here at Tsikot.com considers everyone, including the TS as family, so we watch out for each other here.

So, as I was saying, if your friend is looking for a Euro car as a grad gift, I would suggest a BMW 525i or 530d in E34 or E39 bodies. More or less in the Php1M mark. Also, I also strongly suggest to your friend that to ask for a car AFTER passing the bar exams. He/She will feel more fulfilled as well.

Hope this helps and welcome to Tsikot.com!
    OT
    +1 on the values. no one can expect advise here on what car to get if it will be bought via unethical means.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    OT
    +1 on the values. no one can expect advise here on what car to get if it will be bought via unethical means.
    Do we really consider asking for a graduation gift as unethical? When I asked for a grad gift after I graduated from college, was I being unethical? I asked for a car back then pero binawi ko din kase lagi may sakit tatay ko noon so sabi ko wag na lang muna even though he insists that I get one kase he can afford it naman.

Di naman siguro lahat ng members dito got their cars with their own money. So unethical din ba lahat ng members who asked for cars as gift? I mean, who are we to say if he deserves it or not?

Wala naman siguro masama kung manghihingi di ba?

P0.02.

Sorry OT po.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Init dito! :pepsi: Let's just respect each others opinion and suggestions.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rai2k8 View Post
    Do we really consider asking for a graduation gift as unethical? When I asked for a grad gift after I graduated from college, was I being unethical? I asked for a car back then pero binawi ko din kase lagi may sakit tatay ko noon so sabi ko wag na lang muna even though he insists that I get one kase he can afford it naman.

Di naman siguro lahat ng members dito got their cars with their own money. So unethical din ba lahat ng members who asked for cars as gift? I mean, who are we to say if he deserves it or not?

P0.02.

Sorry OT po.
    forgive me bro if i have used a very strong term for it. ethicality depends on an individual. what may be ethical for you may not be ethical for me. it just turns out that i find this wrong for i was not raised that way.

anyway, OT na. i have said my piece here....

my apologies bro..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007

P0.02.

Sorry OT po.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Your partly correct, "walang masama kung manghihingi ng Grad-GIFT".
    But......if Filipino Values is concern, its likely "un-ethical".
    Siguro iba-iba lang tayo ng kinalakihang environment, my Parents raised me to be productive citizen & earned your money in an honest way......

Bro.....Peace tayo ha........

Before I got my 1st-car, grabe din pinag-daanan ko. Im proud to say that my 1st job is Janitor & Cook in a fastfood chain.......(working student kc me).
    Pasabit-sabit lang sa jeep sa Aurora Blvd....as in 1,2,3..... during my PSBA days......now I'm a BANKER (ganda ng ikot ng Mundo).

Back to topic: "I'll go w/ CAMRY" (rich naman kasi sila).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang tatay ko magbigay ng advice. Bili daw ako sentra tapos pag di ko na kayang bayaran gawin ko daw taxi.
    OT lang. Pag tatay ka na din, malamang ganyan ka na din magsasagot

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Asking for a gift from your parents before you've even had the chance to prove yourself, I wouldn't say it's unethical, although it doesn't really speak well of the person asking for the gift. Immature maybe, but not unethical.

I second the suggestion of having a relatively low profile car for this future lawyer.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 27th, 2008 at 04:26 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
New Gift