New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i will definitely agree that the interior fit and finish of the Avanza is very poor. but for practicality, i would choose the Avanza J over the APV Type 1. plus an engine under the hood (Avanza) is much better than an engine under the front seats (APV). at least for me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    sa APV ako. ayokong pina para ako pag nasa kalye, unless hot babe! ang maki hitch! hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    oo naman, why would i suggest it ? Im just comparing the two. NOT TO OTHER CARS. mas mataas at makitid ang APV kesa avanza, a tire blowout could cause roll over.
    "a tire blowout could cause roll over" -- Reason why i choose the avanza.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Avanza ako, ayoko kasi sa APV yung nasa ilalim ng upuan mo ang makina.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    fried eggs

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Avanza, more stable than the APV? I'll ask what ghosthunter has asked, again... have you all driven these things?

The APV is a tall and tippy-feeling vehicle, but so is the Avanza... and the set of the suspension of the Avanza is more tail-happy than the APV. Where the APV plows (understeers) into a corner, the Avanza rear end starts to step out... which may be a problem on wet roads... especially considering that the Avanza is not a sports car and doesn't have the steering of one.

The mid-engined APV doesn't have the same heat issue as the old L300s, but I don't like the driving position that much. That said, the interior is a million times better than the base 1.3 Avanza and slightly better in Type II spec than the 1.5... but since your budget is 600k pesos, the 1.3 Avanza is all you can get... a car that has the interior of a 1990 Corolla Taxi.

Just don't get the automatic... economy on the matic sucks. The 1.3 Avanza would be better bought in manual, too... the 1.5 is just powerful enough to pull with the AT and get decent consumption, but the 1.3 is overburdened by it, and has a hard time climbing when equipped with the AT and loaded with a full complement of passengers.

In terms of maintenance, you're stuck with the casa on both for the first two or three years, anyway. After warranty, well... The Avanza engines share nothing with the old Tamaraw and are not the same as with the Vios, either... so while some parts might be easy to get thanks to the taxi fleet use, others may still be difficult. Thankfully, there are importers who specialize in parts for both cars... you just have to hunt at Banawe for them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^^ wala pa namang 1.3 na matic for the Avanza right??

Just don't get the automatic... economy on the matic sucks. The 1.3 Avanza would be better bought in manual, too... the 1.5 is just powerful enough to pull with the AT and get decent consumption, but the 1.3 is overburdened by it, and has a hard time climbing when equipped with the AT and loaded with a full complement of passengers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    . . . considering quality, maintenance & operating cost, and looks ([SIZE=1]'though the APV has the upper hand in the interior[/SIZE]), I will have to go for the Avanza!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    niky's right and I can attest to the APV's engine under the seat not heating up our behind. Most "engine under the seat" vans today such as the Hiace (owned 2 of these, '05 Commuter and '06 GL Grandia) and the Urvan (currently have one, '04 Escapade which is already an old platform) wouldn't give you "fried eggs" like the L300.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    sa APV ako. ayokong pina para ako pag nasa kalye, unless hot babe! ang maki hitch! hehehe
    e do not pick the white one kc mapagkakamalan kang taxi...

but honestly, go for the avanza....kahit sabihin ng ibang tsikoteers ng pangit interior at exterior, avanza pa rin. May driver-side Airbag na sya and is the best alternative for the innova.

If you want a vehicle na halos ka--level ng sedan- price wise with 2 or more extra seats, Avanza na.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
NEED SUGGESTIONS APV or AVANZA??