New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Im planning to have my first car, but still confuse bet. The 2. Both have affordable monthly amounting to 13k a month for 5 yrs. I dont have much knowledge about cars. Would you guys help me to choose between the two. My budget only ranging 12 to 13k a month. Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfade View Post
    Im planning to have my first car, but still confuse bet. The 2. Both have affordable monthly amounting to 13k a month for 5 yrs. I dont have much knowledge about cars. Would you guys help me to choose between the two. My budget only ranging 12 to 13k a month. Thanks in advance
    vios is the conservative choice for me. it's already got a good provenance behind it, spanning a decade.
    mirage is still young-ish in the market.. not much of a longevity history yet.. but if the more vociferous owners are to be believed, they seem to be a happy lot.
    what would i get? i still don't know.
    but if resale value is in your mind, vios trumps mirage.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 15th, 2016 at 01:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    vios is the conservative choice for me. it's already got a good provenance behind it, spanning a decade.
    mirage is still young-ish in the market.. not much of a longevity history yet.. but if the more vociferous owners are to be believed, they seem to be a happy lot.
    what would i get? i still don't know.
    but if resale value is in your mind, vios trumps mirage.
    heh heh.

that helps a lot. Hmmm. vios 1.3J is use for taxi.
    While the Gls mirage is top of the line of its model. Do u think the 1.3j vios still has an edge? What do u think sir? But when it comes to looks vios got it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    that helps a lot. Hmmm. vios 1.3J is use for taxi.
    While the Gls mirage is top of the line of its model. Do u think the 1.3j vios still has an edge? What do u think sir? But when it comes to looks vios got it.
    well, i haven't seen too many mirages running around as taxis.. come to think of it, i haven't seen even one yet..
    i kinda feel that having one's car model as a taxi is like saying, "matibay yan at murang i-mentena".
    but i'm probably not the best person to ask.. in my family, we see cars as tools, not status symbols. i wouldn't mind being seen driving a vios J, beside a taxi, also vios J.

but in answer to your question, yes, i believe vios J still has it, even as it has steel wheels and no ABS...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    normally, i would go for the vios. but since your choice is a Vios 1.3J, i find that too bare, so my choice would be the mirage.
    however, if you can extend your budget to a Vios 1.3E, i would recommend that you go for the Vios.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have a friend who chose the Mirage thanks to its toys (she even added the GPS and rear view camera)...

But I told her if someone asks your again... Use "safety features" as a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we see cars as tools, not status symbols
    Same here... Although I must admit, my first 2 cars in college were non-Toyota's because of the taxi issue.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    normally, i would go for the vios. but since your choice is a Vios 1.3J, i find that too bare, so my choice would be the mirage.
    however, if you can extend your budget to a Vios 1.3E, i would recommend that you go for the Vios.

Thanks sir.. is there a big difference bet. 1.3J and 1.3e?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I have a friend who chose the Mirage thanks to its toys (she even added the GPS and rear view camera)...

But I told her if someone asks your again... Use "safety features" as a reason.

Same here... Although I must admit, my first 2 cars in college were non-Toyota's because of the taxi issue.

Thanks sir

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    The Mirage G4 is a lot more fuel efficient than the Vios.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    The Mirage G4 is a lot more fuel efficient than the Vios.

It looks smaller and lighter

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    [QUOTE=crossfade;2735004]Thanks sir.. is there a big difference bet. 1.3J and 1.3e?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://toyotaotis.com.ph/contents/bu...ifications.jsp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast