New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    If its the lancer cedia, then it can be mistaken as a taxi especially if it's white. Cause ive seen few cedia's being used as taxi cabs.

Pero if its the lancer EX, then, I'd doubt it. Hehe.

The Lancer Cedia can be bought in colors other than white. I have seen a number of brand new Lancer Cedias on the road and they look good. The Mazda3's design actually looks more "tired" than the Cedia.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding the Lancer EX, I am actually noticing more and more on the road & around the metro parked in homes, offices, malls, etc.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Regarding the Lancer EX, I am actually noticing more and more on the road & around the metro parked in homes, offices, malls, etc.
    Yup, I agree. More Lancer EX's without plates yet. Proves that Filipinos do buy cars that are made by kapwa Filipinos

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Yup, I agree. More Lancer EX's without plates yet. Proves that Filipinos do buy cars that are made by kapwa Filipinos
    Well hopefully it would be true, since we badly need jobs for Filipinos here plus IMO the lancer EX is indeed great looking.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Its not that Filipinos are buying new Lancer EXs because it's assembled by Filipinos. Filipinos are buying more of it because it is good value for money.

Pinoys are not that patriotic.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^

* TS; added incentive in buying the Lancer EX, you will not only buy a very good product, you will be somehow patriotic.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    *ghosthunter Yes, I agree that no one would mistake it for a taxi. I don't know, maybe my wife just flat out hates it. lol. Well, this will be the very first car we'll buy as a couple so I can't really ignore what she likes and dislikes.

*scharnhorst Thanks for the input on the Mazda2. We're considering getting the sedan rather than the Mazda2 sport.

*myk384 That's what I told my wife. lol Oh, and I never knew that the new Lancers are locally made. I thought they didin't allow local factories to sell cars here because they're all supposedly for export. Something about the tariff and costs of production. Anyway, that's a different discussion.

Thanks for all the comments. Well, April is a few days away so we'll go wait for the elantra if it does come out then. If not, We're seriously eyeing the Ford Fiesta Sport. Unless that SA from Mazda throws us a bigger discount on the Mazda3.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Saw this add in a popular, local buy and sell site that the Ford Fiesta now comes with the Diesel variant. Been trying to call the SA I talked to at Ford but he has yet to answer or even reply to my text message. Do you guys know any news on this?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Its not true. Thailand has not been making any diesel Fiesta yet... Unless its a grey import from Germany?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Besides, what taxicab operator would buy these Lancer EX's for that purpose?? Even in other countries don't.
    True, because they prefer bimmer or benz.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need help in choosing a car.