New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sentras are usually good "starter" cars esp. on the budget because you can get a relatively newer model for the same amount of money compared to the more popular brands.

Civics, at that amount, would perhaps only get you an ESi. But I agree that the VTI Civic is more of a keeper.

----

AT pala hanap.

Get a newer model car early 2000s if possible. Late 90s may have long mileage already. Spare yourself from additional cost of repair from transmission breakdown.
    Last edited by Gerbo; June 29th, 2009 at 09:24 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I've been trying to look for models above 2000 but they come above 250K. We can probabaly stretch our budget to until 230K.

I'll probabaly alot the 30K for future maintenance hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter81 View Post
    I've been trying to look for models above 2000 but they come above 250K. We can probabaly stretch our budget to until 230K.

I'll probabaly alot the 30K for future maintenance hehehe.
    look harder bro. you can buy a sunday paper. usually doon marami nag-aads ng kotse. kung di ka naman nagmamadali, konting ipon pa.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    look harder bro. you can buy a sunday paper. usually doon marami nag-aads ng kotse. kung di ka naman nagmamadali, konting ipon pa.
    I think I'll wait a little longer to look for a 2000 model at ipon muna. Mukhang di advisable ang lower years, basing on the advice of posters here.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Mga sirs, I've looked at some ads and the cars that fall in our price range are a 00-01 Nissan Exalta and 97 Honda Civic. Which is the better car to buy? Thanks for the input.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Between the Exalta and the 97 Civic, I would get the Civic, engine response, handling and driving wise this beats the Nissan Exalta at any givin day, although I may be biased but I have driven the 2 cars, that's just me. Good luck with your purchase.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter81 View Post
    Mga sirs, I've looked at some ads and the cars that fall in our price range are a 00-01 Nissan Exalta and 97 Honda Civic. Which is the better car to buy? Thanks for the input.

sa akin, the better buy is the newer one...bakit? baguhan pa lang kayo eh... im sure, medyo madami dami ng ipapagawa dun sa older model.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am tempted to say Civic (EK model) over a newer Exalta because its just for me at least a better car, mas masarap mag drive, mas pogi pa; but common sense tells us to buy the newer car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need Advice in buying a 2nd hand Car