New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I would rather have a new Grand Vitara instead of the Montero Sport & Rav4...

Sabi nga ni Otep... an under rated brand pero it has the power to surprise! (hehehe kia slogan yun ah...)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    I would rather have a new Grand Vitara instead of the Montero Sport & Rav4...

Sabi nga ni Otep... an under rated brand pero it has the power to surprise! (hehehe kia slogan yun ah...)
    Langya ka, pinaghalohalo mo na! hehehe.

Grand Vitara is also ok with me if gasoline engine was preferred. Puro diesel ang MS dito sa atin. Walang 6g72 ang engine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rav 4 vs. Montero Sport??

I'll choose Montero Sport...proven drivetrain, a 2.8 4M40 chain drive engine that's almost bulletproof and can take our local dirty diesel, a true 4x4 vehicle, it can ford a river or flooded streets of our metro city and even all of the people is saying that its an old design....I still really really find its boxy body and its macho stance....its still beaaauuuuuutttttiiiiiifuuuuuullllllll to me.....make it color black for me

if name brand, power , speed and of course the prestige is not an issue, if you sit a Porsche Cayenne and the Monty Sport side by side, I'll choose the Monty without 2nd thought...I find it more attractive and masculine compared to a Cayenne w/c to me is....ewwww. but its just me thought.....

wait even Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear find the Cayenne very ugly.....it its not of its brand name, sheer power, speed and prestige.....he will not even test drove it....hehehehe

ooopsss ot na.......

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dengaroo View Post
    worry ko lang kc sa brands na di masyadong kilala, pag resale. i had a 1999 kia sportage turbodiesel. nahirapan ako ibenta ng magandang price kahit gud condition. so baka stick ako sa toyota, mitsu, honda.

IMO, kilala subaru sa atin, di nga lang pangmasa gaya nung nabanggit mo. iba reliability nila sa lahat ng japanese cars.resale value? for sure pag meron ka na nito baka ayaw mo nang ibenta, unless for newer variant.
    di siya ganon kaporma, pero "ultimate sleeper" talaga yon. pang road at offroad siya at car-like handling niya. see this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxvDjI_qsiU

and you can search for more about the FXT sa rightside niya.

too bad for me my wife changed her mind and opted for a sevenseater one.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my 02

youre not gonna go offroading naman dba? rough roads lang?
    if so, sayang lang yung offroad capabilities ng MS.
    I'd also say look at a grand vitara and a sta. fe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With soaring prices of gas nowadays, I'd stay away from gas engines. Kahit ano pang VVTi o VTi or any VV-ekek yan, gas prices will always be higher and a bit painful to the pocket.

Floods? I think the picture OTEP posted already makes it point.

For me...? Montero Sport!!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Speed View Post
    Rav 4 vs. Montero Sport??

I'll choose Montero Sport...proven drivetrain, a 2.8 4M40 chain drive engine that's almost bulletproof and can take our local dirty diesel, a true 4x4 vehicle, it can ford a river or flooded streets of our metro city and even all of the people is saying that its an old design....I still really really find its boxy body and its macho stance....its still beaaauuuuuutttttiiiiiifuuuuuullllllll to me.....make it color black for me

if name brand, power , speed and of course the prestige is not an issue, if you sit a Porsche Cayenne and the Monty Sport side by side, I'll choose the Monty without 2nd thought...I find it more attractive and masculine compared to a Cayenne w/c to me is....ewwww. but its just me thought.....

wait even Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear find the Cayenne very ugly.....it its not of its brand name, sheer power, speed and prestige.....he will not even test drove it....hehehehe

ooopsss ot na.......

totally agreed!!! white namam sa akin... iba talaga yung looks at tindig ng monty

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    interesting. Magkano ba ang montero sport and ano ba ang fuel consumption?

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    For frequent provincial trips and the Metro's infamous floods, the Montero surely fits the bill. This truck is really made for off-roading and you will notice it since passenger comfort has been compromised a bit (seating position is more hunched than normal) bec. they placed most of the underneath components higher to the body, which allows for the generous approach and departure angles.

Only downside of the Montero:
    1.) Intercooler intake has no cover, which might dent the radiator-like fins.
    2.) Cramped cabin room and hunched seating position. See above for the reason for this.

2005 Mitsubishi Montero Sport Review

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    new rav 4 para sakin. ganda nman nf interior nya tsaka mas maganda ride nya kesa rav4. pero sa tibay MS tlaga. but overall rav4 na kunin koun nman tlaga gus2 nyo dba if not for the 100,000 discount sa MS

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Montero Sport or RAV4 4X2?