New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hello,
    this is my first post although i've been visiting your forums frequently. i find the inputs very useful.
    my wife and i are choosing between a Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4X4 2.8 turbodiesel and a 2006 RAV4 4X2 2.4 gas (both automatic). the Montero is slightly more expensive by around 80K.
    we regularly go to the province, so we would like a comfortable and fairly fast vehicle that can handle rough roads. something my wife can also drive easily. and hopefully it can also pass through the usual floods in metro manila. please help.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dengaroo View Post
    we regularly go to the province, so we would like a comfortable and fairly fast vehicle that can handle rough roads. something my wife can also drive easily. and hopefully it can also pass through the usual floods in metro manila. please help.
    if I'm in your shoes and those are my basis, I'd probably go with the Montero

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and hopefully it can also pass through the usual floods in metro manila.
    its a give away...Montero Sport na...

montero sport is the SUV sibling of the Strada...but with 4m40 engine and coil springs...

magkano yung montero sport? ilan mileage?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    [SIZE=1]No Contest Here... Montero Sport na. [/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    we're looking at brand new units. actually, gusto ko rin ung montero sport except
    1. medyo luma na style niya although bagong release lang dito sa Phils
    2. hindi kaya mabigat dalhin para sa babae?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bossing, since 5-seater sila, why not include subaru Forester 2.5xt turbo sa list nyo. i would think its the top of the line sa category and at the same price bracket ng 2.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    worry ko lang kc sa brands na di masyadong kilala, pag resale. i had a 1999 kia sportage turbodiesel. nahirapan ako ibenta ng magandang price kahit gud condition. so baka stick ako sa toyota, mitsu, honda.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    we're looking at brand new units. actually, gusto ko rin ung montero sport except
    Bagong release sa Pinas? Dito sa US they stop making the Montero Sports for a few years now and was replaced by Mitsu's Endeavor.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The GEN II.5 Pajero and Montero Sport are still available locally even after Mitsubishi USA stopped importing them. Mitsubishi still enjoys a relatively strong brand power in the local market.

This is a no brainer. Same with kimpOy, Montero Sport.

The Montero Sport is not exactly selling like hotcakes so try to shop around which dealer has the best incentives. Real truck, real 4x4, easy to fix, parts are everywhere.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    on question 2: actually my mom has one, yun yung pang "social" trips nya hehe, i've driven it, so far madali naman at magaan i-drive, medyo maikli nga lang ang wheelturn nya (lahat naman yata ng suvs ganito) compared with its smaller brothers (e.g. crv, escape, rav4,x-trail)

on question 1: i don't know pero mejo mas prefer ko kasi yung "macho at rugged" tignan, my mom liked it kasi daw hindi daw sya "maamo" tignan and may old-school flavor sya.

yun lang po, i hope nakatulong po..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Montero Sport or RAV4 4X2?