New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Sirs and gurus,

I know both vehicles do not belong in the same category but we are torn between these two vehicles as a replacement to our 2007 innova j. I would really appreciate any of your inputs/ ideas you could share relative to this. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung ako Montero na especially since you already owned an Innova, basically the J and the E are the same except for some upgrades like all power features.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Montero. Higher level for me. Hindi rin naman bare ang features nya kahit base model lang

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Monty vs Innova

Monty's is better in most aspect from engine performance (although a bit smoky), ground clearance, and looks

But

Monty has smalller space for passengers (2nd and 3rd row) bec. floor is higher (a result of being built for mild off road purpose) resulting in less thigh space.

If you have 7 passengers all the time and comfort/space is very important for them then you might think twice before getting a Monty. How about its competition like Fortuner or Trail Blazer ?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    there's the price difference...

so why else don't i get a fort or a monty? masikip kasi ang mga daanan sa neighborhood namin, e...
    Last edited by dr. d; August 15th, 2014 at 12:28 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    Kung ako Montero na especially since you already owned an Innova, basically the J and the E are the same except for some upgrades like all power features.
    Agree with this. Parang di ka na nagpalit ng sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Are you extremely fond of your Innova? If it is already the perfect car for you, I'd say go for the Innova E.

Montero Sport is much more sophisticated, powerful and has more features. Definitely a step up from your old Innova J. It's more cumbersome to drive though, what with the rather heavy steering and increased dimensions as compared to the Innova.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Better if you can wait a year or two for the 2nd gen innova, there are spyshots circling the net already. If you really need a replacement, just go for this year's Innova. Passengers find ingress/egress difficult in suvs like the montero and the passenger room inside is tighter than the Innova too.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i actually liked the 2005 innova so much, i got another (new) one in 2012.
    and i haven't regreted it one bit.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Go for the Montero even if is the base model,it
    has 7inch multimedia entaetainment,back-up camera and more
    how about waiting for the New Isuzu MU-X
    kung comfort at easy ingeress and egress ng passenger innova and kung sasakay parents or grandparents mo innova na para di hirap sumakay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast