New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Friends,

The family is planning to acquire a new vehicle before the year 2015 ends or in the first quarter of 2016.

With hope, this would be the first time that me and my family would be buying an automatic (AT).
    Marami na rin kaming napagdaang vehicles, but all have been manual transmission (MT)
    e.g., several four-door sedans, a 2-door car, a Hi-Lux pick up, and an L300 FB.

We are currently looking at AUVs and SUVs - dito kasi kasya kami sabay-sabay (7 family members in all).
    And amidst all the beautiful vehicles on the market right now,
    we have narrowed down our choices to the 2015 Montero GLX AT and Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT.
    The thought of possibly buying a second-hand version of either one also comes to mind.

The vehicle would be mainly used sa pagsundo at paghatid ng mga kids to their schools and workplaces,
    i.e., from Sucat to Pasay City and Makati City areas.

We are hoping for your kind thoughts on the pros and cons (if any) between the two vehicles,
    suggestions, and/or inputs.

Thank you very much, friends.

AnitoKid

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Sir ayaw nyo po mux?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    In all honesty, we haven't thought about that one.
    Will look at its specs online.

Thank you.

AK

Quote Originally Posted by kendrichgo View Post
    Sir ayaw nyo po mux?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In all honesty, we haven't thought about that one.
    Will look at its specs online.

Thank you.

AK

Quote Originally Posted by kendrichgo View Post
    Sir ayaw nyo po mux?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    XUV AT can easily accomodate 9 people with comfort, 2 front, 3 middle seats and 4 at the back. it is also known for its durable, easy to fix (no computer box, complicated electronics system) and fuel efficient old-school engine, the 4ja1. with proper maintenance, it can serve you for a lifetime. downside is a noisy engine which others view as underpowered at around 87 HP compared to other AUVs in the market today. i may be bias towards isuzu AUVs as i am a consistent crosswind owner. my wife had an innova and an adventure once, but we prefer crosswind because of its reliability and fuel efficiency. i cant say about montero for i dont have one. i drove my cousin's montero, but always worried about that sudden acceleration thing they had been talking about.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thank you, Shelu!

Is your Crosswind an AUV?

I was able to drive from Manila to Baguio City using an Isuzu Crosswind AT and MT (separate occasions - 2009 and 2010).
    I was really impressed with its performance,

AK

Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    XUV AT can easily accomodate 9 people with comfort, 2 front, 3 middle seats and 4 at the back. it is also known for its durable, easy to fix (no computer box, complicated electronics system) and fuel efficient old-school engine, the 4ja1. with proper maintenance, it can serve you for a lifetime. downside is a noisy engine which others view as underpowered at around 87 HP compared to other AUVs in the market today. i may be bias towards isuzu AUVs as i am a consistent crosswind owner. my wife had an innova and an adventure once, but we prefer crosswind because of its reliability and fuel efficiency. i cant say about montero for i dont have one. i drove my cousin's montero, but always worried about that sudden acceleration thing they had been talking about.
    Last edited by AnitoKid; June 27th, 2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Double post

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    that's not comfortable.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009

I beg to disagree with the comfort, reliability yes, but getting a new Montero/Everest/Mux/Fort will give you the same reliability and peace of mind and more, *shelu try driving an SUV like Montero or Everest, you'll realize the big difference, believe me you wouldn't want to go back.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I had go with the MS since it's more refined,higher ground clearance and best value for money.

If it were a decade ago I will tell you to buy and XUV crosswind because the new one XUV does not have a 60:40 seats configuration on the 2nd row, no adjustable head rest also on the 2nd row and now armrest and also not equipped with a Foglamps.
    Unlike the 2003 xuv a/t I owned it is far more better the the 2015 xuv/at. The crosswind is not that really cheap to maintain it costs me atleats 9k pesos every visit at the casa just as much as I spent on our crdi innova.

For me the crosswind seats are better than the ms because of the big wheel wells. How about getting an Innova despite of the crosswind xuv a/t, the innova is comfortable and the diesel engine noise is tolerable inside the cabin downsides is it has plasticky interior where the seat belt is located compared to the crosswind it has a soft cushion on where the seat belts is mounted.The innova has lower ground clearance and that's why I always scrape the under of the front bumper in parking stoppers and in rough roads conditionion the chassis gets in contact with rocks.

The MS SUA is not reeally true my friend change from P to D w/o stepping on the brakes and it was fine and the MS we used was a 2010 GLS 4x2 model
    Last edited by crosswind; June 29th, 2015 at 02:51 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    I beg to disagree with the comfort, reliability yes, but getting a new Montero/Everest/Mux/Fort will give you the same reliability and peace of mind and more, *shelu try driving an SUV like Montero or Everest, you'll realize the big difference, believe me you wouldn't want to go back.
    yes sir, tried driving my cousin's montero and a friend's everest. no question about the power and better comfort of these two. however, i cant have same reliability and peace of mind than having a crosswind. i feel secured with crosswinds simply because any pedro and juan can fix it. montero and everest requires techie mechanics. aside from this, i can load sacks of rice and fertilizers going to and from the farm. i just find crosswind a practical choice. however, if i do have extra money, i wouldnt hesitate to buy an everest. who doesnt love the power it offer?

Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    yes sir, tried driving my cousin's montero and a friend's everest. no question about the power and better comfort of these two. however, i cant have same reliability and peace of mind than having a crosswind. i feel secured with crosswinds simply because any pedro and juan can fix it. montero and everest requires techie mechanics. aside from this, i can load sacks of rice and fertilizers going to and from the farm. i just find crosswind a practical choice. however, if i do have extra money, i wouldnt hesitate to buy an everest. who doesnt love the power it offer?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitoKid View Post
    Friends,

The family is planning to acquire a new vehicle before the year 2015 ends or in the first quarter of 2016.

With hope, this would be the first time that me and my family would be buying an automatic (AT).
    Marami na rin kaming napagdaang vehicles, but all have been manual transmission (MT)
    e.g., several four-door sedans, a 2-door car, a Hi-Lux pick up, and an L300 FB.

We are currently looking at AUVs and SUVs - dito kasi kasya kami sabay-sabay (7 family members in all).
    And amidst all the beautiful vehicles on the market right now,
    we have narrowed down our choices to the 2015 Montero GLX AT and Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT.
    The thought of possibly buying a second-hand version of either one also comes to mind.

The vehicle would be mainly used sa pagsundo at paghatid ng mga kids to their schools and workplaces,
    i.e., from Sucat to Pasay City and Makati City areas.

We are hoping for your kind thoughts on the pros and cons (if any) between the two vehicles,
    suggestions, and/or inputs.

Thank you very much, friends.

AnitoKid
    For a 1.2M-1.3M budget, those are typical choices.

Though you just don't discount the Innova G/V, the gas Fortuner, and yes, the MUx. And seriously, the Crosswind gets beat by 20 horses or more by the newer cars. With a full load, that difference really counts.

Take your time and check every one out before deciding. Happy hunting!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Montero GLX AT vs. Isuzu Crosswind XUV AT